- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
ABU Secretary General calls upon state minister Mizna
On 16th May 2012, The Secretary-General of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU),Dr. Javad Mottaghi made a courtesy visit to the Minister of State for Tourism, Arts and Culture and the President of the Asia-Pacific Institute of Broadcasting Development (AIBD) General Conference, Mariyam Mizna Shareef.
During the visit, Mizna Shareef conveyed the need for training of broadcasters in the Republic of Maldives, especially in the area of content development by public service broadcasters to effectively address key social and developmental issues in a creative and engaging manner.
Dr. Mottaghi expressed a willingness to provide expertise and funding for the development of broadcast training facilities for local broadcasters.