- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
ABU Secretary General calls upon state minister Mizna
On 16th May 2012, The Secretary-General of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU),Dr. Javad Mottaghi made a courtesy visit to the Minister of State for Tourism, Arts and Culture and the President of the Asia-Pacific Institute of Broadcasting Development (AIBD) General Conference, Mariyam Mizna Shareef.
During the visit, Mizna Shareef conveyed the need for training of broadcasters in the Republic of Maldives, especially in the area of content development by public service broadcasters to effectively address key social and developmental issues in a creative and engaging manner.
Dr. Mottaghi expressed a willingness to provide expertise and funding for the development of broadcast training facilities for local broadcasters.