- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
57th Basic Training Course participants take the MNDF Oath
MNDF has conducted the oath taking ceremony of the trainees of 57th Basic Training Course. The ceremony to assign weapons was also conducted after the Oath ceremony. The oath ceremony was honored by the Commander-in-Chief, President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik, while the assigning of weapon was carried out by the Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam. The MNDF oath was read out by the Chief Judge of Criminal Court Mr. Abdulla Mohamed. Before reading out the oath, the judge addressed the oath takers.
The Commander-in-Chief President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik also addressed the ceremony.
At the ceremony held to assign the weapon, the essential precautions to be given before the assigning of weapons was conducted by the Deputy to the Officer Commanding of the Defence Institute for Training and Education, Captain Mohamed Firdhous. Speaking at the ceremony, the chief guest, Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam said that it is of utmost important to strengthen the cohesiveness of our force as this is the only force fully committed and capable of safeguarding our nation. He also highlighted that it is possible to have various ideologies within MNDF personnel, but he advised a soldier in uniform to always do his best to protect our organization from any unwanted action to disintegrate our force.
The basic training course was conducted by the MNDF Defence Institute for Training and Education at Girifushi Training Center.
Minister of Defence and National Security Hon. Mohamed Nazim, Senior Officers and the instructors of the course participated in the oath taking ceremony.