- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
57th Basic Training Course participants take the MNDF Oath
MNDF has conducted the oath taking ceremony of the trainees of 57th Basic Training Course. The ceremony to assign weapons was also conducted after the Oath ceremony. The oath ceremony was honored by the Commander-in-Chief, President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik, while the assigning of weapon was carried out by the Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam. The MNDF oath was read out by the Chief Judge of Criminal Court Mr. Abdulla Mohamed. Before reading out the oath, the judge addressed the oath takers.
The Commander-in-Chief President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik also addressed the ceremony.
At the ceremony held to assign the weapon, the essential precautions to be given before the assigning of weapons was conducted by the Deputy to the Officer Commanding of the Defence Institute for Training and Education, Captain Mohamed Firdhous. Speaking at the ceremony, the chief guest, Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam said that it is of utmost important to strengthen the cohesiveness of our force as this is the only force fully committed and capable of safeguarding our nation. He also highlighted that it is possible to have various ideologies within MNDF personnel, but he advised a soldier in uniform to always do his best to protect our organization from any unwanted action to disintegrate our force.
The basic training course was conducted by the MNDF Defence Institute for Training and Education at Girifushi Training Center.
Minister of Defence and National Security Hon. Mohamed Nazim, Senior Officers and the instructors of the course participated in the oath taking ceremony.