- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
16 year old boy stabbed to death
A16 year old boy was found murdered yesterday morning at ‘Lorenzo Park’ in the capital Male’ City.
According to witnesses the boy, Ha. Hoarafushi, Nooraaneemage Mohamed Arham, was stabbed in the neck and the chest.
The Police condemned the act and stated that Maldives Police Service will do whatever is in their capability to find those responsible for the murder of the young boy.
“We send our condolences to the parents of the boy and we supplicate that they are given patience in this difficult time. We assure his parents that we will use all possible resources and conduct a speedy investigation to bring the murderers to justice,” the Police said in their statement.
Police requested anyone who has any information regarding the incident or witnessed the murder to contact the Police. The Police added that they informants will not have to reveal their identity to aid the Police with information.
Ministry of Education, Human Rights Commission of the Maldives and the Adhaalath Party have also issued statements condemning the murder of the young boy and called the Police to expedite the investigation.