- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
“SIFA UFAA” show makes a comeback
MNDF has held its “Sifa Ufaa” show after a three year break. The show that began at Kalhuthukkalaa Koshi last night was honored by the Commander in Chief HE President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik. The show will be continued for next two nights.
The show included, the music of MNDF Cops Band, various comedy items, dramas and dances. In addition, songs of a newly introduced music band of the Fire and Rescue Service “Anthem of Flames” and some members of the Caliber Band of MNDF that emerged in 1990s have also performed in the show. Furthermore, a “Fire Dance” was also performed by the participants.
MNDF “Addana” magazine official website and the newly designed MNDF Intranet website were also launched at the opening ceremony of the show. The two websites were launched by the Minister of Defence and National Security Hon. Mohamed Nazim and the Chief of Defence Force Major General Ahmed Shiyam respectively. The video CD of the national song album produced on the occasion of the last National Day was also released at the ceremony by the Vice Chief of Defence Force Brigadier General Ahmed Mohamed and it is stated that this effort will continue in the coming years as well.
MNDF intranet website is used for MNDF administrative purposes and to share certain important information between service units. The new intranet website is aimed to be very user friendly and includes certain announcements, orders and news of activities that are conducting by the MNDF.
The first “Sifa Ufaa” show opened for the public was held in 1996 at Olympus. The show is marked as an event to celebrate MNDF anniversary and to bring MNDF families together. Notable talents by MNDF personnel have been displayed in these series of the show and remarkable support from all parts of the Maldives is received for this event.
The last Sifa Ufaa show was held in 2008. MNDF retired personnel, all ranks of MNDF and their family members also witnessed the opening show.