- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
“Indian Government is with us” – President Waheed
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that the Indian government is with the government of Maldives, while meeting the local media personnel taking part on his current visit to India.
At the press briefing this evening, the President said that senior officials of the Indian government had given their assurance that the Indian government’s assistance and support to the Maldives would always continue unaffected.
President Waheed noted the Indian government’s satisfaction of the measures being taken by the Maldivian government, in solving the political issues faced in the country, and establishing peace and unity in the country.
Further, the President said that he had briefed the Indian officials on the economic status of the Maldives, during his meetings with them, and also said that the Indian government would provide financial assistance to overcome the budgetary challenges of the Maldives.
The President expressed hopes that 40 million dollars will be granted for housing through the exim bank of India.
In view of the claims of some close associates of former President Mohamed Nasheed that the he was removed via a coup and the Indian High Commissioner to Maldives Mulay played a major role in it, President Waheed said that such allegations are unacceptable and very irresponsible.