- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
- Umar says he didn’t goto appeal committee because it’s under Yameen’s authority
- Nasheed won’t even succeed for the second round of elections- Gasim
- Recent assualts are gang related- CP
- Nasheed Launches MDP Policy on Agriculture
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- Police assist with flood relief in Ga.Villingilli
- 2 men arrested with suspicious narcotics
“Indian Government is with us” – President Waheed
President Dr Mohamed Waheed has said that the Indian government is with the government of Maldives, while meeting the local media personnel taking part on his current visit to India.
At the press briefing this evening, the President said that senior officials of the Indian government had given their assurance that the Indian government’s assistance and support to the Maldives would always continue unaffected.
President Waheed noted the Indian government’s satisfaction of the measures being taken by the Maldivian government, in solving the political issues faced in the country, and establishing peace and unity in the country.
Further, the President said that he had briefed the Indian officials on the economic status of the Maldives, during his meetings with them, and also said that the Indian government would provide financial assistance to overcome the budgetary challenges of the Maldives.
The President expressed hopes that 40 million dollars will be granted for housing through the exim bank of India.
In view of the claims of some close associates of former President Mohamed Nasheed that the he was removed via a coup and the Indian High Commissioner to Maldives Mulay played a major role in it, President Waheed said that such allegations are unacceptable and very irresponsible.