- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Street activities should be stopped, Peaceful dialogue should continue- Dr. Didi
Opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP)’s President Dr. Ibrahim Didi has said that the street activities of the party should be stopped for now and the party should continue the peaceful dialogue between all political parties to reach for a solution to the current political turbulence in the country.
Dr. Didi said that every party has the right to hold street activities but given the current political situation now, it is best for MDP to stop all street activities and continue participating in all party talks to reach the objectives of the party.
He said that he does not believe that MDP can reach their goals through street activities. He underscored the importance of the all party talks for the party to achieve what the party is calling for.
“Street activities are not the solution. Rather there are many things that can be done politically to achieve our objectives. So under the authority given to the President of the party by the 78th Article of the MDP Charter I am planning to appoint the party’s cabinet,” Dr. Didi said.
Dr. Didi said that there are some doubtful issues in the transfer of power on 7th February but yet the current government cannot be labeled as a ‘rebel government’. He said that this can be decided when the investigation on the transfer of power is concluded as such. And he said that if the investigation shows that Nasheed was ousted via coup, then Nasheed should be reinstated back to Presidency.
Furthermore, Dr. Didi said that he has not witnessed anything that proves the current government as illegitimate or as a rebel government. He said that he cannot state anything unless it is proven in an independent investigation on the matter.