- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Indian national commits suicide in Maldives
(PTI) A 39-year-old Indian national today committed suicide in police custody at Dhoonidhoo Island in the Maldives.
The deceased, who is said be from Kerala, was remanded to police custody in connection with an investigation into an altercation which he had with another Indian two weeks ago, Police spokesman Hassan Haneef said.
The police has yet to ascertain the cause of suicide.