- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Director General of Sri Lanka Coast Guard pays a courtesy call on the President
Rear Admiral Ruwan Dias, Director General of Sri Lanka Coast Guard yesterday made a courtesy call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed. The meeting was held yesterday morning at the President’s Office.
During the call Rear Admiral Dias and the President Waheed discussed ways of strengthening cooperation on areas of mutual concern such as maritime counterterrorism and piracy.
At the meeting the President noted that maritime safety was a great concern to the Maldives, and discussed ways of strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries in maritime safety.
Rear Admiral Ruwan Dias briefed the President on the ongoing trilateral exercise between the Maldives, India and Sri Lanka.