- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
- SAARC celebrated its Twenty-ninth Charter Day
- Govt responsible for rising corruption- Study
- STO will be made a profitable company- MD Adam Azim
- Minister Ameen announces 100 day targets for the Transport and Communication sector
- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
Director General of Sri Lanka Coast Guard pays a courtesy call on the President
Rear Admiral Ruwan Dias, Director General of Sri Lanka Coast Guard yesterday made a courtesy call on President Dr Mohamed Waheed. The meeting was held yesterday morning at the President’s Office.
During the call Rear Admiral Dias and the President Waheed discussed ways of strengthening cooperation on areas of mutual concern such as maritime counterterrorism and piracy.
At the meeting the President noted that maritime safety was a great concern to the Maldives, and discussed ways of strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries in maritime safety.
Rear Admiral Ruwan Dias briefed the President on the ongoing trilateral exercise between the Maldives, India and Sri Lanka.