- STO Pharmacy opened in Baa Thulhadhoo
- We will try to propagate the knowledge of Quran to every house of Maldives- Minister
- Bahrain’s Quran Care Society donates 50000 copies of Quran to Maldives
- We will stop teaching without notice next month- TA
- Biggest humiliation is to not have the knowledge of Quran and not acting upon it- Dr. Adil Hassan
- Differences of opinions should not lead to violence- Ali Hussein
- Health Sector will face many challenges if Health Services Bill is passed- Nashid
- Ministry does not listen to our pleas- TA
- Speaker requested to protect the rights of minority members
- JP has donated to Gaza fund as per the decision of the Speaker
- Committee convenes over a petition calling to stop violation of inalienable rights of Palestinians
- Chair of the Majlis will be run as per laws and regulations- Speaker
- Finance Minister sent from Majlis without any question
Govt is becoming more and more despotic: Thasmeen
President Mohamed Nasheed who claims to be the vanguard of democracy is becoming more and more despotic, says leader of the main opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) Ahmed Thasmeen Ali.
Thasmeen made this remark in his address at the meeting of the opposition held last evening at Artificial Beach area to celebrate National Day. He said that President Nasheed came to power claiming to uphold democracy and good governance but after coming to power his government turned out to be a dictatorship.
Thasmeen said that the people again have to strive hard for their rights. He said that the government is hypocritical and always contradicts their words and actions.
DRP Leader noted that the government has been continuously intimidating and harassing independent media. He added that the government shows no respect to the freedom of speech enshrined in the constitution.
Thasmeen said that the government has contradicted their own manifesto and has hijacked the state media by making it into a government propaganda machine.
He said that the government does anything to achieve their own agendas. He said that the government does not even hesitate to oppose the constitution to achieve their goals. He said that this is evident in the recent unlawful arbitrary arrest of Chief Judge of Criminal Court Abdullah Mohamed without a warrant.