- Sri Lanka, India and Maldives take part in trilateral maritime exercise
- Shelters to be built in Hulhule’ ferry service area
- SAARC Secretary General Saleem calls on the President
- It is not permissible for Muslims to enter temples, churches and synagogues- Fiqh Academy
- Wide variety of programs for the youth to be commenced- Maleeh
- Budget problems will be solved when the authorities are made accountable for state expenses- Amir
- Ali Hameed underscores importance of increasing the state reserve
- Japan grants aid of 200 million Yen to Maldives
- Germany grants 3 million Euro project to support for climate neutrality strategy of the Maldives
- President Yameen and First Lady accept invitation for an official visit to Japan
- Postage Stamp Museum inaugurated
- We will seek out drug dealers from which ever country they hide- Home Minister
- Govt wants to reduce taxi fares- Minister
SAFF Championship 2011: Maldives 0 – 0 Pakistan
(FAM): Maldives had ended their second game also in a draw after performing a goalless draw against Pakistan in the Group-B match played yesterday.
Maldives created their first attempt of the match on 8th minute of the game, Umair’s free kick from middle of the Pakistan half was timely headed by Ahmed Thariq (Tom), but the shot missed the target by inches.
On 25th minute of the game Shamweel Ghasim (Bonda) tried a long range shot on target which was deflected to a corner kick after hitting a Pakistan defender.
Pakistan made pressure on Maldives defense line on 30th minute of the game with the free kick taken by Adnan Faarooq. Rizwan headed the free kick inside the penalty area, where shot went over the crossbar.
Thariq missed the most open chance of the game on 41st minute, Ismail Mohmed’s cross was matched by Thariq who was unmarked inside the box but Thariq’s shot was direct to keeper Jafar Khan. Two minutes later Ibrahim Fazeel (Oppo) fired a long range shot which missed the target narrowly.
Bonda saw his long range shot flying over the crossbar on 60th minute while 10 minutes later Umair also missed his long range shot over the crossbar.
Three minutes to full time Ashfaq got a golden chance to score a goal, Thariq gave a good through pass to Ashfaq, Ashfaq’s shot after dribbling in to the penalty area went out from near post.
Thariq’s shot from edge of the penalty area missed the targtet by in ches in the final minute of the 4 minutes of extra time.
Ali Ashfaq was declared to the man of the match.
Score remained 0 – 0 until the final whistle of the game which remained behind Nepal who is with 4 points from 2 games, Maldives lies in the second place of the Group-B with 2 points and goal difference to Pakistan who are also with 2 points from 2 games. Bangladesh who lost Nepal 1 – 0 in yesterday’s first game is in bottom of the table with 1 point in hand.