- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
- Maldives doesn’t want to change Commonwealth Summit venue
- Suspects and victims of recent gang violence have criminal records- Police
- Adopting new perspective is the way forward for the education system: President
- DRP changed policies to close the door on Gayoom and Nasheed- Thasmeen
- New resort brand to open in the Maldives
- FRS rescues a child trapped inside a toilet and two children trapped inside a room
- Return of the Toddy Tapper at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- ILO Country Director pays courtesy call on President Waheed
- Eight arrests made in Kumundhoo alleged of assaulting expatriate teacher
- Maldives opposes changing Commonwealth meeting venue from Sri Lanka
Adhaalath urges govt not to give second chance to Maldivian apostates
Adhaalath Party has urged the government to take necessary action against the few apostates who recently gathered at the Artificial Beach area calling for the freedom of religion in Maldives.
Adhaalath Party also called the government not to give second chances to these apostates. The party condemned the first ever ‘Freedom of religion” protest and said that that the protest exposes the “big picture” of the current government.
The party said that the failure of the government to take action against the apostates although the Police and the necessary authorities were informed of the protest is evidence that the government is behind the protest.
“These people were persuaded to come out of their closet by the anti Islamic spirit of the government in their continuous actions to constitute the freedom of religion in the Malidves. What is apparent from this sudden out burst from the apostates in the spur of the recent call to annul the shariah punishments by the visiting UN Human Rights Chief and the support of President Nasheed is that the government is striving hard to shatter the Islamic unity of the Maldives,” the press release of Adhaalath Party said.
Adhaalath Party said that it is a known secret that the Maldivain Democratic Party (MDP) government came to power with the assistance of foreign islamophobic parties. In addition, the party said that it is also known that the government had made clandestine deals with these parties to introduce false religions in Maldives.
“What we are witnessing today is the government’s works to fulfill their clandestine vow which is, of course, not written in the Manifesto,” the party said.
Adhaalath Party said that the apostates should first be admonished and if they persist in continuing in their ignorance then they should be punished as stated in the law.
“If the government does not take any action against these apostates then there leaves no doubt that the government is encouraging such anti-Islamic activities in the Maldives,” Adhaalath said.