TOP STORIES :
- Unlimited Aasandha services to be announced within hundred days- Ameen
- Dr. Mausoom says he joined Villa group to serve Gasim
- We will always be watchful of the Airport- National Movement
- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
Updates on Dammaj: A humiliating defeat for Houthis and their leader flees away
There have been various battles today at different locations in Yemen, all involving the Houthis.
Starting with Dammaj, Houthis carried out a ground invasion on mountain Al-baraaqah that was backed by heavy shelling on the mountain with ballistics as well as the markaz.However, the students who were stationed on Al-Baraaqah absorbed their attack in an outstanding bravery considering the stark difference in weapons and numbers between the two sides. Eight of Houthis were killed last night during this ground invasion.
Elsewhere, a prominent leader of the Houthis was killed when his car was bombed at an area called Al-’Ablah. And a car that was carrying weapons of Houthis was blown up in an ambush at Al-’ammar area. Elsewhere, the coalition of tribes engaged the Houthis in a battle at Kataaf area and caused the Houthis casualties in lives. And there was news that the battles between Houthis and local tribes in the province of Hijjah ended in a crushing defeat for Houthis.
Back in Saada, the Houthi leader, Abu Ali Abudllah Al-haakim Al-Houthi(the man who said I will conquer Dammaj in three hours!) fled from Saada to Dhiyhyaan to avoid the furious people of Saada who became angry after knowing that 200 men from their sons died during the attempt to take over Al-Baraaqah mountain.
In older news, an Algerian child died in dammaj because of wounds and absence of basic medication. Houthis fired gun at two ambulances that attempted to enter dammaj and held another car that tried to enter dammaj to pick wounded people.
There was a report of the medical conditions in dammaj that contained appalling stories. One of them is an incident were a woman delivered a child at a Houthi check point because they refused her entry to the medical centre. This baby died on spot. The report mentioned that there is a spread of diseases in dammaj because of the absence of vaccination such as diarrhea and smallpox. Cases of babies dying at birth or born underweight because of the abject shortage of vital nutrition such as milk were registered.