- SAARC meet proposes visa exemption for 50 eminent people
- Master plan to root out gang problem presented to President and AG
- Land plot allocated to build Waqf building in Addu City
- President Yameen departs on official visits to Sri Lanka and Singapore
- Request for EOI to design sewerage system in Addu city announced
- Police appeals Nasheed not to defame the Police with lies seeking fame
- A launch will be granted for every atoll- Health Minister
- Issues of importance to Maldives will be discussed in SAARC meeting- Home Ministry
- STO donates Phillips products to Kudakudhinge Hiya
- President Yameen to conduct official visits to Sri Lanka and Singapore
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Nepal visits Maldives
- Latest updates of the ongoing search by Police for the missing journalist
- Nepal to increase availability of university seat placements for Maldivians aspiring to study medicine
Nasheed opens Equatorial Convention Centre
President Mohamed Nasheed has yesterday opened the Equatorial Convention Centre in Addu City.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, the President said that the convention centre and other infrastructure developments in Addu were examples of the growth and expansion of the country, pledged in the government’s manifesto. He added that the advancements brought to Addu will be “a billboard, a leaflet, and a poster” of the developmental goals set for the 7 regions of the Maldives. President Nasheed noted that the SAARC Summit has greatly encouraged the various developmental projects in Addu City and Fuvahmulah.
Further, the President expressed his gratitude to all the individuals who contributed to the successful completion of the Equatorial Convention Centre.