- Emirates boosts Maldives operation
- STO commences ‘anniversary sale’
- Youth are criticized because of disrespectful behavior- Attorney General
- Police confiscates special documents from Male’ City council
- Environmental problems are the biggest danger faced by countries- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasfinolhu – World’s first 100 percent renewable energy resort
- This is a historical year for Immigration- Minister Nazim
- No one should fall prey for the traps of Nasheed to send the youth to prison- Mohamed
- President and First Lady depart to Nepal, to attend the 18th SAARC Summit
- Gasim urges to implement population relocation policy
- Maldives did not get any foreign aid for a period of 8 months- President
- Amendments were proposed to Crimes Act to ensure protection against violence- Nihan
- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
Nasheed opens Equatorial Convention Centre
President Mohamed Nasheed has yesterday opened the Equatorial Convention Centre in Addu City.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, the President said that the convention centre and other infrastructure developments in Addu were examples of the growth and expansion of the country, pledged in the government’s manifesto. He added that the advancements brought to Addu will be “a billboard, a leaflet, and a poster” of the developmental goals set for the 7 regions of the Maldives. President Nasheed noted that the SAARC Summit has greatly encouraged the various developmental projects in Addu City and Fuvahmulah.
Further, the President expressed his gratitude to all the individuals who contributed to the successful completion of the Equatorial Convention Centre.