- There is a huge support for Halal certificate in the international community
- PPM calls Nasheed not to slander Minister Adheeb
- President appoints Dr. Azeema Adam as MMA Governor
- Commissioner of Police departs for Malaysia to take part in the 3rd INTAPA conference
- Action will be taken against those who revile Islam- Islamic Minister
- Govt should be assured that cutting down import duty will benefit the people- Riyaz Rasheed
- Large amounts of illegal drugs were confiscated in the Anbara operation- Police
- 79 people apprehended in special operation of Police in Anbara
- Novelty book fair attracts 25,000 visitors
- Villa College campus opens in Mahibadhoo
- Makkah authorities brace for increased number of pilgrims
- Islamic discipline to be introduced as a subject in 2015 school curriculum
- Umrah groups waiting for Visa approval
Nasheed opens Equatorial Convention Centre
President Mohamed Nasheed has yesterday opened the Equatorial Convention Centre in Addu City.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, the President said that the convention centre and other infrastructure developments in Addu were examples of the growth and expansion of the country, pledged in the government’s manifesto. He added that the advancements brought to Addu will be “a billboard, a leaflet, and a poster” of the developmental goals set for the 7 regions of the Maldives. President Nasheed noted that the SAARC Summit has greatly encouraged the various developmental projects in Addu City and Fuvahmulah.
Further, the President expressed his gratitude to all the individuals who contributed to the successful completion of the Equatorial Convention Centre.