- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
- Bill to Repeal Act on the Detention and Imprisonment of Persons for More than Seven Days Act Passed
- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
Nasheed opens Equatorial Convention Centre
President Mohamed Nasheed has yesterday opened the Equatorial Convention Centre in Addu City.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, the President said that the convention centre and other infrastructure developments in Addu were examples of the growth and expansion of the country, pledged in the government’s manifesto. He added that the advancements brought to Addu will be “a billboard, a leaflet, and a poster” of the developmental goals set for the 7 regions of the Maldives. President Nasheed noted that the SAARC Summit has greatly encouraged the various developmental projects in Addu City and Fuvahmulah.
Further, the President expressed his gratitude to all the individuals who contributed to the successful completion of the Equatorial Convention Centre.