- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Nasheed opens Equatorial Convention Centre
President Mohamed Nasheed has yesterday opened the Equatorial Convention Centre in Addu City.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, the President said that the convention centre and other infrastructure developments in Addu were examples of the growth and expansion of the country, pledged in the government’s manifesto. He added that the advancements brought to Addu will be “a billboard, a leaflet, and a poster” of the developmental goals set for the 7 regions of the Maldives. President Nasheed noted that the SAARC Summit has greatly encouraged the various developmental projects in Addu City and Fuvahmulah.
Further, the President expressed his gratitude to all the individuals who contributed to the successful completion of the Equatorial Convention Centre.