- If Nahla joins PPM she will break her oath- Moosa Anwar
- All females apprehended in Anbara operation transferred to house arrest
- Application for the position of Prosecutor General opens
- New Egyptian Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
- Ambassador-at-large on an Official Visit to Iraq
- President calls those who encourage drug abuse to come out into the open
- Conversation reserves attract tourists- Environment Minister
- Jamiyathu Salaf to hold their “Rihla” trip to Dhaalu Atoll
- Building raided regarding prostitution case and individuals taken in
- Police begin investigating case of sexual abuse of a minor by 4 individuals
- Ambassador of Philippines Calls on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Ambassador of Egypt Pays a Courtesy Call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Printing Ruffiya notes should stop- Governor
Nasheed opens Equatorial Convention Centre
President Mohamed Nasheed has yesterday opened the Equatorial Convention Centre in Addu City.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, the President said that the convention centre and other infrastructure developments in Addu were examples of the growth and expansion of the country, pledged in the government’s manifesto. He added that the advancements brought to Addu will be “a billboard, a leaflet, and a poster” of the developmental goals set for the 7 regions of the Maldives. President Nasheed noted that the SAARC Summit has greatly encouraged the various developmental projects in Addu City and Fuvahmulah.
Further, the President expressed his gratitude to all the individuals who contributed to the successful completion of the Equatorial Convention Centre.