- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
- Some institutions refrain from giving information- ACC
- Govt to decide on unfinished resorts within 100 days
- Revised budget increased to MVR 17.5 billion
- Majlis perceived as the most corrupt institution
Training Camp delayed due to flooding at Thailand
(FAM) Male’: Maldives U-19 National team training camp scheduled for 10th October 2011 to Thailand, has been postponed as severe flooding swept through Thailand.
The training camp is yet to held in Thailand before heading to Dhaka on 22nd October 2011, for the Championship and it can be confirmed within a weeks’ time.
Maldives is grouped with Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Oman, Bangladesh and Nepal, in Group-A of AFC U-19 Championship 2012 Qualifiers which will be kick-off on 25th October 2011.
Thirty-nine teams participated in the Tournament were divided into two zones and separated in seven groups of six or five teams each. Each group will play one round league and top two teams from each group will make it to the tournament proper.
Third best teams from each West and East zones will complete the 16-team line up of the 2012 finals.
In the first match of the qualifying campaign Maldives will play against host Bangladesh on 25th October 2011 in Bangabandhu Stadium.
There has been brought some changes to the schedule of the tournament as Nepal has withdrawn from the tournament.