- Sri Lanka and Maldives small biz to get better trade finance: IFC
- Action & Adventure at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
- FRS attends to storm surges at Villimaale
- Maldives repeats its calls to immediately end violence in Syria
- Health sector needs additional budget of MVR 270 million- Dr. Jamsheed
- PPM will join Nasheed when a forumula is invented to mix oil with water -Nihaan
- Only Gasim can save this nation- Ilham
- MDP wants an interim govt before election- Nasheed
- Villa college opens campus in Naifaru
- Surfing expeditions in the Maldives increase in popularity as the country showcases its wilder side
- Centara Ras Fushi Maldives open only 6 weeks and voted no. 1 resort in North Male Atoll
- All travelers should take necessary precautionary measures before setting on their journeys- Coast Guard
- MNDF renders assistance to a person trapped inside a room
Training Camp delayed due to flooding at Thailand
(FAM) Male’: Maldives U-19 National team training camp scheduled for 10th October 2011 to Thailand, has been postponed as severe flooding swept through Thailand.
The training camp is yet to held in Thailand before heading to Dhaka on 22nd October 2011, for the Championship and it can be confirmed within a weeks’ time.
Maldives is grouped with Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Oman, Bangladesh and Nepal, in Group-A of AFC U-19 Championship 2012 Qualifiers which will be kick-off on 25th October 2011.
Thirty-nine teams participated in the Tournament were divided into two zones and separated in seven groups of six or five teams each. Each group will play one round league and top two teams from each group will make it to the tournament proper.
Third best teams from each West and East zones will complete the 16-team line up of the 2012 finals.
In the first match of the qualifying campaign Maldives will play against host Bangladesh on 25th October 2011 in Bangabandhu Stadium.
There has been brought some changes to the schedule of the tournament as Nepal has withdrawn from the tournament.