- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- The UN establishes an Independent, International Commission on Inquiry to investigate the gross violation of human rights committed by Israel
- E-passport issuing services inaugurated in Addu City
- Condemnation of Adheeb’s threats to JP leader Qasim on public media – JP Press Release
- Commissioner of Police – There is no greater joy than that which results from public service
- President Yameen to address the nation on the occasion of Independence Day
- President ratifies First Amendment Bill to Maritime Zones of Maldives Act
- Priority will be given to make the Police a proactive force- Home Minister
- Court’s role cannot be given to other institutions- Ilham
- All govt offices and companies working together makes it easier to give efficient public services- Adam Azim
- Imad Solih as JP Legal Secretary and Ali Solih as Spokesperson
- Goal cannot be reached by only industrial progress- Sheikh Nizar
- Maldives calls for immediate withdrawal of Israel forces from the Gaza strip at the Human Rights Council
Hiriya School Principal and 4 students drown in Hura field trip
The capital city, Male’ is reeling after four students and the principal of Hiriya School died yesterday morning on a fisheries science field trip to Kaafu Huraa.
Miadhu Daily understands that the Principal Ali Nazim died while trying to rescue some of his students who were pulled by a strong current in a lagoon near Huraa island. He rescued four students while the remaining four students, Mariyam Shaiha, Nashath Saeed, Mariyam Nazaa and Aishath Saniha and him drowned and died.
The remaining school girls involved in the traumatic incident were returned to the school while the girls who were rescued were taken to IGMH within less than two hours after their Principal and classmates drowned in the tragedy.
The Funeral Prayer was held last evening at Masjid as-Sultaan Mohamed Thakurufaanu al-A’dham. A large number of people gathered at the mosque to pray the funeral prayer for the deceased.
Maldives Police Service is now investigating the case.