- Message by Minister of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the International Human Rights
- Quick steps will be taken to provide quality health care- Minister
- Gasim urges to allocate budget to train professional journalists
- Halal certificate issuing to be gazetted next week
- India should be given a helping hand- Gayoom
- India to reassure Maldives of defence cooperation
- Mandela was the greatest statesman the world has seen – President Yameen
- JSC shuffles judges regardless of CJ’s statement
- Nasheed used democracy as tool during his rule- Riyaz
- Transparency survey is baseless- MNDF
- Pakistan High Commissioner calls on the Vice President
- Utility services in Raa atoll Dhuvaafaru island handed over to MWSC
- 20 Maldivian Officers training in Protection of Important Building programme by Turkey Police
Hiriya School Principal and 4 students drown in Hura field trip
The capital city, Male’ is reeling after four students and the principal of Hiriya School died yesterday morning on a fisheries science field trip to Kaafu Huraa.
Miadhu Daily understands that the Principal Ali Nazim died while trying to rescue some of his students who were pulled by a strong current in a lagoon near Huraa island. He rescued four students while the remaining four students, Mariyam Shaiha, Nashath Saeed, Mariyam Nazaa and Aishath Saniha and him drowned and died.
The remaining school girls involved in the traumatic incident were returned to the school while the girls who were rescued were taken to IGMH within less than two hours after their Principal and classmates drowned in the tragedy.
The Funeral Prayer was held last evening at Masjid as-Sultaan Mohamed Thakurufaanu al-A’dham. A large number of people gathered at the mosque to pray the funeral prayer for the deceased.
Maldives Police Service is now investigating the case.