- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
- Govt would show no mercy for those that slaughter Maldivians without mercy- President
- JP always have worked to strengthen independent institutions- Abdulla Riyaz
- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
- Every precaution should be taken in defense of ones self- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasim Ibrahim requests a US$ 3 billion loan assistance
- Abdulla Ahmad calls to increase the wages of civil servants and teachers
Hiriya School Principal and 4 students drown in Hura field trip
The capital city, Male’ is reeling after four students and the principal of Hiriya School died yesterday morning on a fisheries science field trip to Kaafu Huraa.
Miadhu Daily understands that the Principal Ali Nazim died while trying to rescue some of his students who were pulled by a strong current in a lagoon near Huraa island. He rescued four students while the remaining four students, Mariyam Shaiha, Nashath Saeed, Mariyam Nazaa and Aishath Saniha and him drowned and died.
The remaining school girls involved in the traumatic incident were returned to the school while the girls who were rescued were taken to IGMH within less than two hours after their Principal and classmates drowned in the tragedy.
The Funeral Prayer was held last evening at Masjid as-Sultaan Mohamed Thakurufaanu al-A’dham. A large number of people gathered at the mosque to pray the funeral prayer for the deceased.
Maldives Police Service is now investigating the case.