- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- Greetings from the Chinese Ambassador on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Maldives and Eid ul-Fitr
- Ibrahim Nasir was an ideal defender of independence- President Yameen
- Gasim calls for sincerity and honesty
- Dua is the key to change ones condition- Anara
Hiriya School Principal and 4 students drown in Hura field trip
The capital city, Male’ is reeling after four students and the principal of Hiriya School died yesterday morning on a fisheries science field trip to Kaafu Huraa.
Miadhu Daily understands that the Principal Ali Nazim died while trying to rescue some of his students who were pulled by a strong current in a lagoon near Huraa island. He rescued four students while the remaining four students, Mariyam Shaiha, Nashath Saeed, Mariyam Nazaa and Aishath Saniha and him drowned and died.
The remaining school girls involved in the traumatic incident were returned to the school while the girls who were rescued were taken to IGMH within less than two hours after their Principal and classmates drowned in the tragedy.
The Funeral Prayer was held last evening at Masjid as-Sultaan Mohamed Thakurufaanu al-A’dham. A large number of people gathered at the mosque to pray the funeral prayer for the deceased.
Maldives Police Service is now investigating the case.