- Emirates boosts Maldives operation
- STO commences ‘anniversary sale’
- Youth are criticized because of disrespectful behavior- Attorney General
- Police confiscates special documents from Male’ City council
- Environmental problems are the biggest danger faced by countries- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasfinolhu – World’s first 100 percent renewable energy resort
- This is a historical year for Immigration- Minister Nazim
- No one should fall prey for the traps of Nasheed to send the youth to prison- Mohamed
- President and First Lady depart to Nepal, to attend the 18th SAARC Summit
- Gasim urges to implement population relocation policy
- Maldives did not get any foreign aid for a period of 8 months- President
- Amendments were proposed to Crimes Act to ensure protection against violence- Nihan
- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
Gayoom resigns from DRP
DRP is a politically toothless party- Gayoom
Founder of the main opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP), Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has resigned from the party yesterday.
In his resignation letter, Former President Gayoom said that DRP is now off the track and is now a politically toothless party which does not work for the sake of the people.
Gayoom said that the works of the important organs of the party has come to a stop after Ahmed Thasmeen Ali took over the leadership of DRP. He said that council meetings are not held regularly and that it takes two to three months to hold a council meeting.
Former President Gayoom also said that he was forced to withdraw his support for Thasmeen in the Presidential Elections to be held in 2013 because Thasmeen failed to amend his mistakes.
“Therefore, when the party is in such a state, I do not believe that it is correct for me to remain as the Honorable Leader of DRP. So I am today forced to sadly resign from this designation. And also to resign from the membership of the party,” he said.