- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
Gayoom resigns from DRP
DRP is a politically toothless party- Gayoom
Founder of the main opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP), Former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom has resigned from the party yesterday.
In his resignation letter, Former President Gayoom said that DRP is now off the track and is now a politically toothless party which does not work for the sake of the people.
Gayoom said that the works of the important organs of the party has come to a stop after Ahmed Thasmeen Ali took over the leadership of DRP. He said that council meetings are not held regularly and that it takes two to three months to hold a council meeting.
Former President Gayoom also said that he was forced to withdraw his support for Thasmeen in the Presidential Elections to be held in 2013 because Thasmeen failed to amend his mistakes.
“Therefore, when the party is in such a state, I do not believe that it is correct for me to remain as the Honorable Leader of DRP. So I am today forced to sadly resign from this designation. And also to resign from the membership of the party,” he said.