- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- The UN establishes an Independent, International Commission on Inquiry to investigate the gross violation of human rights committed by Israel
- E-passport issuing services inaugurated in Addu City
- Condemnation of Adheeb’s threats to JP leader Qasim on public media – JP Press Release
- Commissioner of Police – There is no greater joy than that which results from public service
- President Yameen to address the nation on the occasion of Independence Day
- President ratifies First Amendment Bill to Maritime Zones of Maldives Act
- Priority will be given to make the Police a proactive force- Home Minister
- Court’s role cannot be given to other institutions- Ilham
- All govt offices and companies working together makes it easier to give efficient public services- Adam Azim
- Imad Solih as JP Legal Secretary and Ali Solih as Spokesperson
- Goal cannot be reached by only industrial progress- Sheikh Nizar
- Maldives calls for immediate withdrawal of Israel forces from the Gaza strip at the Human Rights Council
Villa introduces new airline ‘Fly me”
Famous local businessman and philanthropist Gasim Ibrahim’s business venture Villa company has commenced their own brand of airline services ‘Fly me”.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony held at Dharubaaruge, Gasim Ibrahim said that “Fly me” will provide both International and domestic new travel options, with excellent customer care services from the outstanding and talented cabin crew of the airline.
Gasim said that although there have been talks on brining Villa Air to existence, the world economic recession slowed the project up until now for it to see the world. He noted that the economic crisis had an affect on the Villa Company.
Villa Air’s Managing Director Ridwan Shareef said that Villa Airline will be starting operations with a aircraft holding a capacity of 46 seats. He said that the company will be bringing the aircraft to Maldives on 28 of this month and will bring a second one by April.
He said that the initial operations will be flights to their owned resorts, Sun Island resort and Holiday Island resort.