- Emirates boosts Maldives operation
- STO commences ‘anniversary sale’
- Youth are criticized because of disrespectful behavior- Attorney General
- Police confiscates special documents from Male’ City council
- Environmental problems are the biggest danger faced by countries- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasfinolhu – World’s first 100 percent renewable energy resort
- This is a historical year for Immigration- Minister Nazim
- No one should fall prey for the traps of Nasheed to send the youth to prison- Mohamed
- President and First Lady depart to Nepal, to attend the 18th SAARC Summit
- Gasim urges to implement population relocation policy
- Maldives did not get any foreign aid for a period of 8 months- President
- Amendments were proposed to Crimes Act to ensure protection against violence- Nihan
- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
Villa introduces new airline ‘Fly me”
Famous local businessman and philanthropist Gasim Ibrahim’s business venture Villa company has commenced their own brand of airline services ‘Fly me”.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony held at Dharubaaruge, Gasim Ibrahim said that “Fly me” will provide both International and domestic new travel options, with excellent customer care services from the outstanding and talented cabin crew of the airline.
Gasim said that although there have been talks on brining Villa Air to existence, the world economic recession slowed the project up until now for it to see the world. He noted that the economic crisis had an affect on the Villa Company.
Villa Air’s Managing Director Ridwan Shareef said that Villa Airline will be starting operations with a aircraft holding a capacity of 46 seats. He said that the company will be bringing the aircraft to Maldives on 28 of this month and will bring a second one by April.
He said that the initial operations will be flights to their owned resorts, Sun Island resort and Holiday Island resort.