- JP wants to fulfill the promises of the govt- Ilham
- Maamigili Airport again to be upgraded to an international airport
- Former President Gayoom departs to Samoa
- Lower Court Judge Uz. Mohamed Easa Fulhu sworn in as a Member of JSC
- President to hold discussions with Gasim within next week
- Gasim initiated the works to establish SEZ- Mubeen
- Shahudee pleads to open tourist resorts in Haa Dhaal Atoll
- Indian Naval Ship Trikand to Joint exercise with MNDF
- Our hope is that the peace between Israel and Gaza will be permanent- Dhunya
- Reputation of Villa College internationally in South Asia and Europe will elevate- Dr. Dohem
- Passports of 4 individuals withheld in relation to Rilwan’s case
- President appoints Mohamed Sadiq as Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Minister of Islamic Affairs departs to Turkey, to attend the Presidential Handover ceremony
Villa introduces new airline ‘Fly me”
Famous local businessman and philanthropist Gasim Ibrahim’s business venture Villa company has commenced their own brand of airline services ‘Fly me”.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony held at Dharubaaruge, Gasim Ibrahim said that “Fly me” will provide both International and domestic new travel options, with excellent customer care services from the outstanding and talented cabin crew of the airline.
Gasim said that although there have been talks on brining Villa Air to existence, the world economic recession slowed the project up until now for it to see the world. He noted that the economic crisis had an affect on the Villa Company.
Villa Air’s Managing Director Ridwan Shareef said that Villa Airline will be starting operations with a aircraft holding a capacity of 46 seats. He said that the company will be bringing the aircraft to Maldives on 28 of this month and will bring a second one by April.
He said that the initial operations will be flights to their owned resorts, Sun Island resort and Holiday Island resort.