- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
- Farmers Exhibition ends tonight
- Usury edict casts shadow over top Saudi bank’s IPO
- Stakeholder Consultation Workshop for Low Carbon Strategy for Transport Sector was held
- Maldives signs Memorandum with Spain for closer cooperation on key areas of development
Villa introduces new airline ‘Fly me”
Famous local businessman and philanthropist Gasim Ibrahim’s business venture Villa company has commenced their own brand of airline services ‘Fly me”.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony held at Dharubaaruge, Gasim Ibrahim said that “Fly me” will provide both International and domestic new travel options, with excellent customer care services from the outstanding and talented cabin crew of the airline.
Gasim said that although there have been talks on brining Villa Air to existence, the world economic recession slowed the project up until now for it to see the world. He noted that the economic crisis had an affect on the Villa Company.
Villa Air’s Managing Director Ridwan Shareef said that Villa Airline will be starting operations with a aircraft holding a capacity of 46 seats. He said that the company will be bringing the aircraft to Maldives on 28 of this month and will bring a second one by April.
He said that the initial operations will be flights to their owned resorts, Sun Island resort and Holiday Island resort.