- Minister of Foreign Affairs sends greetings on the occasion of the Islamic New Year
- President Yameen Extends Hijri New Year Greetings
- Riyaz requests to send a doctor to Th. Atoll Hospital
- We will do everything we can against making music and dancing compulsory- Imran
- STO opens a pharmacy in Dhiffushi
- Health service is not only writing and giving prescription- Adam Azim
- We should work for change and to success- Gasim
- Mushaf for Maldivians will be published before July 26
- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
Pres. launches the Housing Project under Veshi Fahi Malé programme
President Mohamed Nasheed, yesterday launched phase one of the Housing Project under Veshi Fahi Malé Programme.
At the function held yesterday morning at the President’s Office, President Nasheed also launched ‘Veshi Fahi Malé’ information booklet.
Speaking at the function, President Nasheed said the government was very hopeful that the programme would be a success and that it would help alleviate congestion in Male’.
Veshi Fahi Malé Programmeinitiated by Malé Municipality last November, aims to combine the development of Malé, Vilingili, Guli Falhu, Thilafushi, Hulhumalé and Malé International Airport. The programme’s goal is to provide adequate housing for least advantaged Malé families and support decongestion of Malé.
Under phase 1 of the Veshi Fahi Malé programme, a total of 1,000 parties in the first category will be able to apply for housing schemes. The housing schemes include 500 housing units in Malé, 250 housing units in Hulhumalé, and 250 housing plots in Hulhumalé.
Under government’s pledge to provide 10,000 housing units within five years, 3,000 units will be developed in Malé. 1,000 housing units are already under construction, while development of the remaining 2,000 will begin in 2011.
After the function, Director of Veshi Fahi Malé Prigramme, Male’ Municipality President, Sarangu Adam Maniku; Minister of State for Housing and Environment, Akram Kamaluddin; and, Deputy Minister of Housing and Environment, Mohamed Faiz held a press conference on the details of the programme.