- NSA level meeting on trilateral Maritime Security Cooperation between India, Sri Lanka and Maldives
- Coalition candidates will do nothing to harm the people- Gasim
- Serving the people will be guaranteed by electing Progressive coalition candidates- Ameen
- Minister Nazim calls on Indian PM
- Gasim calls the people to give President Yameen the opportunity to serve them
- Prince William and Kate, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Maldives
- There are many laws which contradict the constitution- AG
- An airport to be developed in Magoodhoo
- Digital evidence laboratory established as part of effort to widen Police service
- Underwater Festival returns to LUX* Maldives
- Mega Maldives Airlines to start flights to Saudi Arabia
- Gasim to establish a laboratory in Dharanbudhu School
- Umar Naseer pledges to open a Police Station in Vaikaradhoo if Igbal is elected
Pres. launches the Housing Project under Veshi Fahi Malé programme
President Mohamed Nasheed, yesterday launched phase one of the Housing Project under Veshi Fahi Malé Programme.
At the function held yesterday morning at the President’s Office, President Nasheed also launched ‘Veshi Fahi Malé’ information booklet.
Speaking at the function, President Nasheed said the government was very hopeful that the programme would be a success and that it would help alleviate congestion in Male’.
Veshi Fahi Malé Programmeinitiated by Malé Municipality last November, aims to combine the development of Malé, Vilingili, Guli Falhu, Thilafushi, Hulhumalé and Malé International Airport. The programme’s goal is to provide adequate housing for least advantaged Malé families and support decongestion of Malé.
Under phase 1 of the Veshi Fahi Malé programme, a total of 1,000 parties in the first category will be able to apply for housing schemes. The housing schemes include 500 housing units in Malé, 250 housing units in Hulhumalé, and 250 housing plots in Hulhumalé.
Under government’s pledge to provide 10,000 housing units within five years, 3,000 units will be developed in Malé. 1,000 housing units are already under construction, while development of the remaining 2,000 will begin in 2011.
After the function, Director of Veshi Fahi Malé Prigramme, Male’ Municipality President, Sarangu Adam Maniku; Minister of State for Housing and Environment, Akram Kamaluddin; and, Deputy Minister of Housing and Environment, Mohamed Faiz held a press conference on the details of the programme.