- There is a huge support for Halal certificate in the international community
- PPM calls Nasheed not to slander Minister Adheeb
- President appoints Dr. Azeema Adam as MMA Governor
- Commissioner of Police departs for Malaysia to take part in the 3rd INTAPA conference
- Action will be taken against those who revile Islam- Islamic Minister
- Govt should be assured that cutting down import duty will benefit the people- Riyaz Rasheed
- Large amounts of illegal drugs were confiscated in the Anbara operation- Police
- 79 people apprehended in special operation of Police in Anbara
- Novelty book fair attracts 25,000 visitors
- Villa College campus opens in Mahibadhoo
- Makkah authorities brace for increased number of pilgrims
- Islamic discipline to be introduced as a subject in 2015 school curriculum
- Umrah groups waiting for Visa approval
Pres. launches the Housing Project under Veshi Fahi Malé programme
President Mohamed Nasheed, yesterday launched phase one of the Housing Project under Veshi Fahi Malé Programme.
At the function held yesterday morning at the President’s Office, President Nasheed also launched ‘Veshi Fahi Malé’ information booklet.
Speaking at the function, President Nasheed said the government was very hopeful that the programme would be a success and that it would help alleviate congestion in Male’.
Veshi Fahi Malé Programmeinitiated by Malé Municipality last November, aims to combine the development of Malé, Vilingili, Guli Falhu, Thilafushi, Hulhumalé and Malé International Airport. The programme’s goal is to provide adequate housing for least advantaged Malé families and support decongestion of Malé.
Under phase 1 of the Veshi Fahi Malé programme, a total of 1,000 parties in the first category will be able to apply for housing schemes. The housing schemes include 500 housing units in Malé, 250 housing units in Hulhumalé, and 250 housing plots in Hulhumalé.
Under government’s pledge to provide 10,000 housing units within five years, 3,000 units will be developed in Malé. 1,000 housing units are already under construction, while development of the remaining 2,000 will begin in 2011.
After the function, Director of Veshi Fahi Malé Prigramme, Male’ Municipality President, Sarangu Adam Maniku; Minister of State for Housing and Environment, Akram Kamaluddin; and, Deputy Minister of Housing and Environment, Mohamed Faiz held a press conference on the details of the programme.