- Emirates boosts Maldives operation
- STO commences ‘anniversary sale’
- Youth are criticized because of disrespectful behavior- Attorney General
- Police confiscates special documents from Male’ City council
- Environmental problems are the biggest danger faced by countries- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasfinolhu – World’s first 100 percent renewable energy resort
- This is a historical year for Immigration- Minister Nazim
- No one should fall prey for the traps of Nasheed to send the youth to prison- Mohamed
- President and First Lady depart to Nepal, to attend the 18th SAARC Summit
- Gasim urges to implement population relocation policy
- Maldives did not get any foreign aid for a period of 8 months- President
- Amendments were proposed to Crimes Act to ensure protection against violence- Nihan
- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
Pres. visits Gulhi Falhu
President Mohamed Nasheed this morning visited Gulhi Falhu, a lagoon North West of Malé that is being reclaimed to develop into a commercial and residential zone.
Gulhi Falhu is being developed by Global Projects Development Company.
During the visit, the President inspected the progress of Gulhi Falhu revetment and quay wall project contracted to Works Corporation Limited. A 100 meter harbour and two revetments of total of 1442 meters will be built on 10 hectares of land reclaimed under the first phase of the project.
When the first phase is completed, Gulhi Falhu will include an industrial zone, port facilities, modern storage and warehouse facilities.