- 2014 Quarter 2 – Highest value of imports recorded by a quarter during the past 5 Years
- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- Greetings from the Chinese Ambassador on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Maldives and Eid ul-Fitr
- Ibrahim Nasir was an ideal defender of independence- President Yameen
- Gasim calls for sincerity and honesty
Pres. visits Gulhi Falhu
President Mohamed Nasheed this morning visited Gulhi Falhu, a lagoon North West of Malé that is being reclaimed to develop into a commercial and residential zone.
Gulhi Falhu is being developed by Global Projects Development Company.
During the visit, the President inspected the progress of Gulhi Falhu revetment and quay wall project contracted to Works Corporation Limited. A 100 meter harbour and two revetments of total of 1442 meters will be built on 10 hectares of land reclaimed under the first phase of the project.
When the first phase is completed, Gulhi Falhu will include an industrial zone, port facilities, modern storage and warehouse facilities.