- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
- Govt would show no mercy for those that slaughter Maldivians without mercy- President
- JP always have worked to strengthen independent institutions- Abdulla Riyaz
- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
- Every precaution should be taken in defense of ones self- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasim Ibrahim requests a US$ 3 billion loan assistance
- Abdulla Ahmad calls to increase the wages of civil servants and teachers
Pres. visits Gulhi Falhu
President Mohamed Nasheed this morning visited Gulhi Falhu, a lagoon North West of Malé that is being reclaimed to develop into a commercial and residential zone.
Gulhi Falhu is being developed by Global Projects Development Company.
During the visit, the President inspected the progress of Gulhi Falhu revetment and quay wall project contracted to Works Corporation Limited. A 100 meter harbour and two revetments of total of 1442 meters will be built on 10 hectares of land reclaimed under the first phase of the project.
When the first phase is completed, Gulhi Falhu will include an industrial zone, port facilities, modern storage and warehouse facilities.