- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Pres. visits Gulhi Falhu
President Mohamed Nasheed this morning visited Gulhi Falhu, a lagoon North West of Malé that is being reclaimed to develop into a commercial and residential zone.
Gulhi Falhu is being developed by Global Projects Development Company.
During the visit, the President inspected the progress of Gulhi Falhu revetment and quay wall project contracted to Works Corporation Limited. A 100 meter harbour and two revetments of total of 1442 meters will be built on 10 hectares of land reclaimed under the first phase of the project.
When the first phase is completed, Gulhi Falhu will include an industrial zone, port facilities, modern storage and warehouse facilities.