- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Pres. visits Gulhi Falhu
President Mohamed Nasheed this morning visited Gulhi Falhu, a lagoon North West of Malé that is being reclaimed to develop into a commercial and residential zone.
Gulhi Falhu is being developed by Global Projects Development Company.
During the visit, the President inspected the progress of Gulhi Falhu revetment and quay wall project contracted to Works Corporation Limited. A 100 meter harbour and two revetments of total of 1442 meters will be built on 10 hectares of land reclaimed under the first phase of the project.
When the first phase is completed, Gulhi Falhu will include an industrial zone, port facilities, modern storage and warehouse facilities.