- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
Pres. visits Gulhi Falhu
President Mohamed Nasheed this morning visited Gulhi Falhu, a lagoon North West of Malé that is being reclaimed to develop into a commercial and residential zone.
Gulhi Falhu is being developed by Global Projects Development Company.
During the visit, the President inspected the progress of Gulhi Falhu revetment and quay wall project contracted to Works Corporation Limited. A 100 meter harbour and two revetments of total of 1442 meters will be built on 10 hectares of land reclaimed under the first phase of the project.
When the first phase is completed, Gulhi Falhu will include an industrial zone, port facilities, modern storage and warehouse facilities.