- Screening processes for Special Constabulary begins
- Commissioner of Police meets Indian High Commissioner
- High profile repeat offender arrested
- Police seize narcotics, cash and alleged stolen items
- Turkish Aid to be used to reconstruct Police buildings damaged by fire
- ADB Director General for South Asia calls on the President
- UNFPA Country Director Meets the President
- Adhaalath calls to arrest all who partipated in the brutal murder of Dr. Afraasheem
- Nasheed will face the consequences during the election for mocking Islam- Gasim
- Azlif will be prosecuted following Humam’s confession- CP
- Yameen is Nasheed’s spokesperson- Thasmeen
- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
FAM Appeal Committee Vice Chairman Fayyaz resigns
Football Association of Maldives (FAM) Appeal Committee Vice Chariman Fayyaz Ali Manik, who has been the chair of the ongoing investigation of the issue of the New Radiant and VB’s semi final match has resigned from office.
A lot of fingers has been pointed at the news of the sudden resignation of Fayyaz. In an interview given to MNBC One just after the resignation, Fayyaz said that the reason for his resignation was due to his inability to vote without getting the proper information regarding New Radient and VB’s semi-final issue.
He also added that the other reason was that some of the other members of the appeal committee has denied that Fayyaz be given more information regarding the issue at hand.
FAM appointed Ali Zaki and Arif Ahmed Naseer in place of Fayyaz after his resignation.