- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- The UN establishes an Independent, International Commission on Inquiry to investigate the gross violation of human rights committed by Israel
- E-passport issuing services inaugurated in Addu City
- Condemnation of Adheeb’s threats to JP leader Qasim on public media – JP Press Release
- Commissioner of Police – There is no greater joy than that which results from public service
- President Yameen to address the nation on the occasion of Independence Day
- President ratifies First Amendment Bill to Maritime Zones of Maldives Act
- Priority will be given to make the Police a proactive force- Home Minister
- Court’s role cannot be given to other institutions- Ilham
- All govt offices and companies working together makes it easier to give efficient public services- Adam Azim
- Imad Solih as JP Legal Secretary and Ali Solih as Spokesperson
- Goal cannot be reached by only industrial progress- Sheikh Nizar
- Maldives calls for immediate withdrawal of Israel forces from the Gaza strip at the Human Rights Council
Result of using police to carry dictatorial acts will not be good- Visam
Maduvvari MP and wife of the leader of main opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party [DRP], Visam Ali has said that the end results of using the Police at the disposal of the Government to carry out its dictatorial acts will be not good.
Visam said this protesting the works of the police to abolish ‘Masveringe Hiya’ of Raa Atoll Maduvvari, which is the meeting place for local fishermen which was established in the year 1998.
Speaking to Miadhu, he alleged that this building was leased legally by the Island Office.
Furthermore, Visam claimed that the court warranted the abolishment of the building to open a business of an activist of the ruling Maldivian Democratic Party [MDP].
She additionally said that if things were executed peacefully then the results would be good.