- If Nahla joins PPM she will break her oath- Moosa Anwar
- All females apprehended in Anbara operation transferred to house arrest
- Application for the position of Prosecutor General opens
- New Egyptian Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
- Ambassador-at-large on an Official Visit to Iraq
- President calls those who encourage drug abuse to come out into the open
- Conversation reserves attract tourists- Environment Minister
- Jamiyathu Salaf to hold their “Rihla” trip to Dhaalu Atoll
- Building raided regarding prostitution case and individuals taken in
- Police begin investigating case of sexual abuse of a minor by 4 individuals
- Ambassador of Philippines Calls on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Ambassador of Egypt Pays a Courtesy Call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Printing Ruffiya notes should stop- Governor
Result of using police to carry dictatorial acts will not be good- Visam
Maduvvari MP and wife of the leader of main opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party [DRP], Visam Ali has said that the end results of using the Police at the disposal of the Government to carry out its dictatorial acts will be not good.
Visam said this protesting the works of the police to abolish ‘Masveringe Hiya’ of Raa Atoll Maduvvari, which is the meeting place for local fishermen which was established in the year 1998.
Speaking to Miadhu, he alleged that this building was leased legally by the Island Office.
Furthermore, Visam claimed that the court warranted the abolishment of the building to open a business of an activist of the ruling Maldivian Democratic Party [MDP].
She additionally said that if things were executed peacefully then the results would be good.