- Airport will not be leased to any foreign party
- Chinese investors shows interest to invest in Maldives
- Goal is to make Islamic Ministry an establishment which sends a progressive message- Dr. Shaheem
- Maldives cherishes Russian advocacy on respect for sovereignty and self-determination – President
- We are getting green signals to be granted financial aid- Adheeb
- Actions speaks louder than words- CP Waheed
- Majlis passes to make Quran as a compulsory subject in the school curriculum
- Maldives awarded world’s leading island destination at World Travel Awards 2013
- VP appeals for Police cooperation in providing social security to people
- President makes three new appointments
- Majlis Passes the Bill criminalizing Human Trafficking
- Maldives signs a “Handover Note” with Puntland State of Somalia to send back 40 Somalis to their Homeland
- Govt opens bid for Male’- Hulhumale’ bridge project
Result of using police to carry dictatorial acts will not be good- Visam
Maduvvari MP and wife of the leader of main opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party [DRP], Visam Ali has said that the end results of using the Police at the disposal of the Government to carry out its dictatorial acts will be not good.
Visam said this protesting the works of the police to abolish ‘Masveringe Hiya’ of Raa Atoll Maduvvari, which is the meeting place for local fishermen which was established in the year 1998.
Speaking to Miadhu, he alleged that this building was leased legally by the Island Office.
Furthermore, Visam claimed that the court warranted the abolishment of the building to open a business of an activist of the ruling Maldivian Democratic Party [MDP].
She additionally said that if things were executed peacefully then the results would be good.