- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Maldives, Costa Rica set diplomatic ties
Maldives and Costa Rica established diplomatic ties on Tuesday.
The diplomatic relation was set after a bilateral meeting at Maldives’ Permanent Mission in the United Nations (UN), where Maldives Foreign Minister Dr. Ahmed Shaheed met with his Costa Ricas’ Foreign Minister Rene Castro.
Shaheed and Castro met in New York to discuss issues of mutual interest, such as the cooperation on issues related to the climate change, the frame on the COP-16 Summit to be hosted in Mexico at the end of this year.
Maldives and Costa Rica share the concerns over global warming and the increase of the oceans’ water level, mainly in Maldives. Dr. Shaheed is in New York accompanying Maldices Vice President Dr Mohamed Waheed, who will give a speech in the UN General Assembly Thursday.