- Working Together for the Shared Dream and Common Development of China and Maldives
- China celebrates 65th anniversary
- Minister Dunya Returns after active engagement at the UN General Assembly
- Our hearts were slaughtered by the attacks on Gaza- President Waheed
- Former President Mohamed Waheed Calls on United Nations Secretary General
- Different areas of Male’ have been inspected by the Police more than 2000 times within the last week
- We do not know how the number of radicals should be disclosed- CP
- “Closer to the People’ activity is so far very successful- Sameer
- Perhaps President did not meet us because he thought we have a political motive- MCSA
- China celebrates 65th anniversary of National Day in Maldives
- STO launches Kruger Coffee
- Police wants to get the best results in Rilwan’s case- Police
- China has realised tremendous achievement in nation building and human development- Ambassador
Maldives, Costa Rica set diplomatic ties
Maldives and Costa Rica established diplomatic ties on Tuesday.
The diplomatic relation was set after a bilateral meeting at Maldives’ Permanent Mission in the United Nations (UN), where Maldives Foreign Minister Dr. Ahmed Shaheed met with his Costa Ricas’ Foreign Minister Rene Castro.
Shaheed and Castro met in New York to discuss issues of mutual interest, such as the cooperation on issues related to the climate change, the frame on the COP-16 Summit to be hosted in Mexico at the end of this year.
Maldives and Costa Rica share the concerns over global warming and the increase of the oceans’ water level, mainly in Maldives. Dr. Shaheed is in New York accompanying Maldices Vice President Dr Mohamed Waheed, who will give a speech in the UN General Assembly Thursday.