- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
Maldives, Costa Rica set diplomatic ties
Maldives and Costa Rica established diplomatic ties on Tuesday.
The diplomatic relation was set after a bilateral meeting at Maldives’ Permanent Mission in the United Nations (UN), where Maldives Foreign Minister Dr. Ahmed Shaheed met with his Costa Ricas’ Foreign Minister Rene Castro.
Shaheed and Castro met in New York to discuss issues of mutual interest, such as the cooperation on issues related to the climate change, the frame on the COP-16 Summit to be hosted in Mexico at the end of this year.
Maldives and Costa Rica share the concerns over global warming and the increase of the oceans’ water level, mainly in Maldives. Dr. Shaheed is in New York accompanying Maldices Vice President Dr Mohamed Waheed, who will give a speech in the UN General Assembly Thursday.