- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Supreme Court should continue and Supreme Court keys should be issued – Civil Court
The Civil Court has ruled that Interim Supreme Court cannot be invalidated until the formation of a permanent Supreme Court and called unto the Ministry of Defense to release Supreme Court keys.
Last Saturday MNDF refused to release the key of the Supreme Court, questioning the legal status of the Supreme Court, which led the Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed raise the issue to Prosecutor General’s Office. And it was also reported that the Prosecutor General contacted Chief of Defense Force, Moosa Ali Jaleel and informed him the illegality of the act.
The verdict that the Interim Supreme Court cannot be abolished and the Supreme Court keys are to be released was delivered in yesterdays hearing of the charges filed by the Prosecutor General against the state seeking a warrant for the release of Supreme Court keys.
Delivering the verdict in yesterday’s hearing, Chief Judge Ali Sameer said no legal issues are present for arbitrary dismissal of interim Supreme Court until the formation of a permanent Supreme Court according to article 145 of the constitution.
Chief Judge Sameer also ruled that the Prosecutor General’s Office could press the charges on the matter since according to the articles 284 and 141 of the constitution no one shall hold the key of the Supreme Court without the consent of the court.