- MOU for Construction of the Male-Hulhule’ Bridge Project and 9 other MOUs signed with China
- Maldivian Government officially welcomes Chinese President and First Lady
- High Commission of India welcomes the signing of the addendum TATA agreement
- JP test drives “One Team, One Ideology” campaign
- Judiciary is independent from undue influences- Judge Naeem
- Minor Hotel Group supports new Maldives Tourism Campaign
- Only traitors will try to defame the law enforcement and national defence force- Gasim
- China: Maldives partner in national development
- Those that require backdoor for security reasons will be entered through the backdoor- Judge Abdulla
- Smoking is forbidden- Sheikh Nasrullah
- Managing Director of Al Fathuh Umrah and Hajj Group taken into Police custody for fraud
- Maldives wins Indian Ocean’s leading destination award
- Criminal Asset Confiscation and Financial Investigations Symposium concludes
CSC Commissioner, Vice Commissioner appointed
Peoples’ Majlis has yesterday appointed Mohamed Fahmy Hassan as Commissioner of Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Hassan Didi as Vice Commissioner
Majlis members voted unanimously to appoint Fahmi and Hassan as Commissioner and Vice Commissioner of CSC respectively.
Names of Fahmi and Hassan were proposed by opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) member, Medhu henveriu MP Ali Azim. Thulusdhoo MP endorsed the nominees.
Villufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed proposed former Commissioner Ahmed Latheef to be re-appointed to the Commissioner’s post and Mohamed Fahmy Hassan to Vice Commissioner’s post, Hulhu-Henveiru MP Moosa Manik endorsed the proposal.
Newly appointed CSC Commissioner told Miadhu that it is hoped that CSC will work with justice and fairness.
He also said that decisions will be made by CSC only after conferring among the members of the commission.
CSC members now include: Dr Mohamed Latheef, M.A Kinbi; Mohamed Fahmee Hassan, G. Kokkiri; Ahmad Hassan Didi, G. New Waves; Abdullah Jihad and Khadheeja Adam, G. Alafaru.