- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
- Farmers Exhibition ends tonight
- Usury edict casts shadow over top Saudi bank’s IPO
- Stakeholder Consultation Workshop for Low Carbon Strategy for Transport Sector was held
- Maldives signs Memorandum with Spain for closer cooperation on key areas of development
CSC Commissioner, Vice Commissioner appointed
Peoples’ Majlis has yesterday appointed Mohamed Fahmy Hassan as Commissioner of Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Hassan Didi as Vice Commissioner
Majlis members voted unanimously to appoint Fahmi and Hassan as Commissioner and Vice Commissioner of CSC respectively.
Names of Fahmi and Hassan were proposed by opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) member, Medhu henveriu MP Ali Azim. Thulusdhoo MP endorsed the nominees.
Villufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed proposed former Commissioner Ahmed Latheef to be re-appointed to the Commissioner’s post and Mohamed Fahmy Hassan to Vice Commissioner’s post, Hulhu-Henveiru MP Moosa Manik endorsed the proposal.
Newly appointed CSC Commissioner told Miadhu that it is hoped that CSC will work with justice and fairness.
He also said that decisions will be made by CSC only after conferring among the members of the commission.
CSC members now include: Dr Mohamed Latheef, M.A Kinbi; Mohamed Fahmee Hassan, G. Kokkiri; Ahmad Hassan Didi, G. New Waves; Abdullah Jihad and Khadheeja Adam, G. Alafaru.