- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
- Maldives participates at the SIDS village in Samoa
- Students should be prepared for the changes to the world- Dr. Nazeer
- Election validity should be ensured to strengthen democracy- JP
- We want to give perfect press freedom for the media- Defence Minister
- STO shops in the islands to provide cooking gas services
- Convocation held for Sharia and Early Childhood Education Course of Villa College
- Combating Domestic and Transnational Terrorism programme concludes
- Enforced Disappearances Cannot Be Tolerated – UN Sec-Gen
- We are ready to cooperate with the govt- JP
- Aim of Villa College is to build capable scholars in various fields- Dr. Anwar
CSC Commissioner, Vice Commissioner appointed
Peoples’ Majlis has yesterday appointed Mohamed Fahmy Hassan as Commissioner of Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Hassan Didi as Vice Commissioner
Majlis members voted unanimously to appoint Fahmi and Hassan as Commissioner and Vice Commissioner of CSC respectively.
Names of Fahmi and Hassan were proposed by opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) member, Medhu henveriu MP Ali Azim. Thulusdhoo MP endorsed the nominees.
Villufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed proposed former Commissioner Ahmed Latheef to be re-appointed to the Commissioner’s post and Mohamed Fahmy Hassan to Vice Commissioner’s post, Hulhu-Henveiru MP Moosa Manik endorsed the proposal.
Newly appointed CSC Commissioner told Miadhu that it is hoped that CSC will work with justice and fairness.
He also said that decisions will be made by CSC only after conferring among the members of the commission.
CSC members now include: Dr Mohamed Latheef, M.A Kinbi; Mohamed Fahmee Hassan, G. Kokkiri; Ahmad Hassan Didi, G. New Waves; Abdullah Jihad and Khadheeja Adam, G. Alafaru.