- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
CSC Commissioner, Vice Commissioner appointed
Peoples’ Majlis has yesterday appointed Mohamed Fahmy Hassan as Commissioner of Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Hassan Didi as Vice Commissioner
Majlis members voted unanimously to appoint Fahmi and Hassan as Commissioner and Vice Commissioner of CSC respectively.
Names of Fahmi and Hassan were proposed by opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) member, Medhu henveriu MP Ali Azim. Thulusdhoo MP endorsed the nominees.
Villufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed proposed former Commissioner Ahmed Latheef to be re-appointed to the Commissioner’s post and Mohamed Fahmy Hassan to Vice Commissioner’s post, Hulhu-Henveiru MP Moosa Manik endorsed the proposal.
Newly appointed CSC Commissioner told Miadhu that it is hoped that CSC will work with justice and fairness.
He also said that decisions will be made by CSC only after conferring among the members of the commission.
CSC members now include: Dr Mohamed Latheef, M.A Kinbi; Mohamed Fahmee Hassan, G. Kokkiri; Ahmad Hassan Didi, G. New Waves; Abdullah Jihad and Khadheeja Adam, G. Alafaru.