- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- Greetings from the Chinese Ambassador on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Maldives and Eid ul-Fitr
- Ibrahim Nasir was an ideal defender of independence- President Yameen
- Gasim calls for sincerity and honesty
- Dua is the key to change ones condition- Anara
CSC Commissioner, Vice Commissioner appointed
Peoples’ Majlis has yesterday appointed Mohamed Fahmy Hassan as Commissioner of Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Hassan Didi as Vice Commissioner
Majlis members voted unanimously to appoint Fahmi and Hassan as Commissioner and Vice Commissioner of CSC respectively.
Names of Fahmi and Hassan were proposed by opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) member, Medhu henveriu MP Ali Azim. Thulusdhoo MP endorsed the nominees.
Villufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed proposed former Commissioner Ahmed Latheef to be re-appointed to the Commissioner’s post and Mohamed Fahmy Hassan to Vice Commissioner’s post, Hulhu-Henveiru MP Moosa Manik endorsed the proposal.
Newly appointed CSC Commissioner told Miadhu that it is hoped that CSC will work with justice and fairness.
He also said that decisions will be made by CSC only after conferring among the members of the commission.
CSC members now include: Dr Mohamed Latheef, M.A Kinbi; Mohamed Fahmee Hassan, G. Kokkiri; Ahmad Hassan Didi, G. New Waves; Abdullah Jihad and Khadheeja Adam, G. Alafaru.