- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
CSC Commissioner, Vice Commissioner appointed
Peoples’ Majlis has yesterday appointed Mohamed Fahmy Hassan as Commissioner of Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Hassan Didi as Vice Commissioner
Majlis members voted unanimously to appoint Fahmi and Hassan as Commissioner and Vice Commissioner of CSC respectively.
Names of Fahmi and Hassan were proposed by opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party (DRP) member, Medhu henveriu MP Ali Azim. Thulusdhoo MP endorsed the nominees.
Villufushi MP Riyaz Rasheed proposed former Commissioner Ahmed Latheef to be re-appointed to the Commissioner’s post and Mohamed Fahmy Hassan to Vice Commissioner’s post, Hulhu-Henveiru MP Moosa Manik endorsed the proposal.
Newly appointed CSC Commissioner told Miadhu that it is hoped that CSC will work with justice and fairness.
He also said that decisions will be made by CSC only after conferring among the members of the commission.
CSC members now include: Dr Mohamed Latheef, M.A Kinbi; Mohamed Fahmee Hassan, G. Kokkiri; Ahmad Hassan Didi, G. New Waves; Abdullah Jihad and Khadheeja Adam, G. Alafaru.