- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
- Maldives participates at the SIDS village in Samoa
- Students should be prepared for the changes to the world- Dr. Nazeer
- Election validity should be ensured to strengthen democracy- JP
- We want to give perfect press freedom for the media- Defence Minister
- STO shops in the islands to provide cooking gas services
- Convocation held for Sharia and Early Childhood Education Course of Villa College
- Combating Domestic and Transnational Terrorism programme concludes
- Enforced Disappearances Cannot Be Tolerated – UN Sec-Gen
- We are ready to cooperate with the govt- JP
- Aim of Villa College is to build capable scholars in various fields- Dr. Anwar
More Maldives Students To Study In Malaysia
Maldives President Mohamed Nasheed has said that he is satisfied with the performance of Maldivian students studying in Malaysia.
He said confirmed the possibility of more students from Maldives coming to study in Malaysia in the near future and as he had held discussions with the Malaysian authorities, Malaysian media has reported.
Nasheed, who is attending the World Islamic Economic Forum 2010 (WIEF) which ended yesterday, visited the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and was briefed by IIUM Rector Datuk Seri Syed Arabi Idid.
According to Malaysian media in his visit to IIUM President Nasheed also he was proud to note that one of the general attorneys in Maldives was a student of IIUM, referring to now one of the opposition leaders, Dr. Hassan Saeed.
Also as part of his official visit to Malsyais, President Mohamed Nasheed has met with the Maldivian students in Malaysia.
Addressing the students, the President said that he was very happy to have had the opportunity of meeting them. He advised them to make the best use of the opportunity that they had obtained to pursue higher education.
The President also inquired from them about their well-being and also if there were any difficulties that needed attention.