- China celebrates 65th anniversary of National Day in Maldives
- STO launches Kruger Coffee
- Police wants to get the best results in Rilwan’s case- Police
- China has realised tremendous achievement in nation building and human development- Ambassador
- Health Ministry appeals all not to spread lies regarding health matters
- Indian experts to hold training sessions for teachers of students with special needs
- It is a shame that some are trying to malign and defame security forces- CP
- Indian HC facilitates a training for 26 teachers on special needs education
- Doctor sent to Hithadhoo Regional Hospital resigns
- Supreme Court cancels hearing of suo moto case against HRCM
- Adheeb- an inspirational captain!
- JP condemns politically motivated attacks against media
- Cut the salt: add years to your life
More Maldives Students To Study In Malaysia
Maldives President Mohamed Nasheed has said that he is satisfied with the performance of Maldivian students studying in Malaysia.
He said confirmed the possibility of more students from Maldives coming to study in Malaysia in the near future and as he had held discussions with the Malaysian authorities, Malaysian media has reported.
Nasheed, who is attending the World Islamic Economic Forum 2010 (WIEF) which ended yesterday, visited the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and was briefed by IIUM Rector Datuk Seri Syed Arabi Idid.
According to Malaysian media in his visit to IIUM President Nasheed also he was proud to note that one of the general attorneys in Maldives was a student of IIUM, referring to now one of the opposition leaders, Dr. Hassan Saeed.
Also as part of his official visit to Malsyais, President Mohamed Nasheed has met with the Maldivian students in Malaysia.
Addressing the students, the President said that he was very happy to have had the opportunity of meeting them. He advised them to make the best use of the opportunity that they had obtained to pursue higher education.
The President also inquired from them about their well-being and also if there were any difficulties that needed attention.