- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
Presidential Commission sends the controversial Jabir-Yaameen case to Police
Miadhu Daily has learned that Presidential Commission has sent the case which implicated Opposition Leader Abdulla Yaameen and ruling MDP Member Abdulla Jabir to Police. Miadhu Daily also understands that it is the same case which led to the resignation of the Commission member Idham Muizzu Adhnan and same case that the Commission wished to make public.
Police confirmed that “they have received a case from the Commission” but refused to provide any further details.
President’s Political Advisor Hassan Afeef has previously said that President does not put any kind of pressure on the Commission and has said that the best institution to make such cases public is the Prosecutor-General’s Office.