- Minister of Foreign Affairs sends greetings on the occasion of the Islamic New Year
- President Yameen Extends Hijri New Year Greetings
- Riyaz requests to send a doctor to Th. Atoll Hospital
- We will do everything we can against making music and dancing compulsory- Imran
- STO opens a pharmacy in Dhiffushi
- Health service is not only writing and giving prescription- Adam Azim
- We should work for change and to success- Gasim
- Mushaf for Maldivians will be published before July 26
- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
President abolishes National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research
President Mohamed Nasheed has today abolished National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research (NCLHR), and reassigned its functions.
Following the abolition, all the functions of the Centre related to culture, tradition and conservation of historic monuments were assigned to the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
Management of National Museum and the Boduthakurufaanu Memorial Centre in Utheem was also assigned to the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
In addition, all archiving functions undertaken by the Centre is now allocated to the National Archives which is linked to the Ministry.
Following the closure of NCLHR, all linguistic and historical research activities of the Centre were also assigned to the Maldives College of Higher Education.
The objectives of reassigning the functions of the Centre include expanding these functions in a sustainable manner.