- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
- Maldives participates at the SIDS village in Samoa
- Students should be prepared for the changes to the world- Dr. Nazeer
- Election validity should be ensured to strengthen democracy- JP
- We want to give perfect press freedom for the media- Defence Minister
- STO shops in the islands to provide cooking gas services
- Convocation held for Sharia and Early Childhood Education Course of Villa College
- Combating Domestic and Transnational Terrorism programme concludes
- Enforced Disappearances Cannot Be Tolerated – UN Sec-Gen
- We are ready to cooperate with the govt- JP
- Aim of Villa College is to build capable scholars in various fields- Dr. Anwar
President abolishes National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research
President Mohamed Nasheed has today abolished National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research (NCLHR), and reassigned its functions.
Following the abolition, all the functions of the Centre related to culture, tradition and conservation of historic monuments were assigned to the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
Management of National Museum and the Boduthakurufaanu Memorial Centre in Utheem was also assigned to the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
In addition, all archiving functions undertaken by the Centre is now allocated to the National Archives which is linked to the Ministry.
Following the closure of NCLHR, all linguistic and historical research activities of the Centre were also assigned to the Maldives College of Higher Education.
The objectives of reassigning the functions of the Centre include expanding these functions in a sustainable manner.