- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
- No equity to be seen in duty regulations: MP Gasim
- Safety of our passengers is our top priority- Villa Air
- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
- Govt would show no mercy for those that slaughter Maldivians without mercy- President
- JP always have worked to strengthen independent institutions- Abdulla Riyaz
- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
Maumoon bestowed with the title of “Honorary Leader”
Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, DRP’s retiring leader and former President of the Maldives was bestowed with the title of Honorary Leader of the party during the third congress of DRP by an amendment proposed to the charter of the party. The decision was unanimous.
According to the amendment Maumoon, who also founded the party will always be referred as the “Honorary Leader” of the party. According to the amendment post of the honorary leader would be a ceremonial post, but party’s president can always seek Leader’s advice in important matters. According to the amendment, to avoid confusion, political head of the party would now be referred as the president of the party and president’s four deputies would now be referred as Vice-Presidents.