- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
- Bill to Repeal Act on the Detention and Imprisonment of Persons for More than Seven Days Act Passed
- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
Maumoon bestowed with the title of “Honorary Leader”
Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, DRP’s retiring leader and former President of the Maldives was bestowed with the title of Honorary Leader of the party during the third congress of DRP by an amendment proposed to the charter of the party. The decision was unanimous.
According to the amendment Maumoon, who also founded the party will always be referred as the “Honorary Leader” of the party. According to the amendment post of the honorary leader would be a ceremonial post, but party’s president can always seek Leader’s advice in important matters. According to the amendment, to avoid confusion, political head of the party would now be referred as the president of the party and president’s four deputies would now be referred as Vice-Presidents.