- Extra MVR 30.6 million was spent from 2011 President’s Office Budget- Audit
- Kolhumadulu Quran competition to commence tonight
- Second Climate Change policy workshop conducted
- Discussion on opportunities from Malaysia for Maldivian Police Officers held
- Son of distributor of anti-Islam film Fitna accepts Islam
- Territorial waters of this region can be protected by the countries of this region- President
- Mosques play an important role in the Muslim society- Sheikh Issam
- Discover Islam and Islamic Affairs Minister signs MOU
- If Nahla joins PPM she will break her oath- Moosa Anwar
- All females apprehended in Anbara operation transferred to house arrest
- Application for the position of Prosecutor General opens
- New Egyptian Ambassador Presents Credentials to the President
- Ambassador-at-large on an Official Visit to Iraq
Maumoon bestowed with the title of “Honorary Leader”
Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, DRP’s retiring leader and former President of the Maldives was bestowed with the title of Honorary Leader of the party during the third congress of DRP by an amendment proposed to the charter of the party. The decision was unanimous.
According to the amendment Maumoon, who also founded the party will always be referred as the “Honorary Leader” of the party. According to the amendment post of the honorary leader would be a ceremonial post, but party’s president can always seek Leader’s advice in important matters. According to the amendment, to avoid confusion, political head of the party would now be referred as the president of the party and president’s four deputies would now be referred as Vice-Presidents.