- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Maumoon bestowed with the title of “Honorary Leader”
Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, DRP’s retiring leader and former President of the Maldives was bestowed with the title of Honorary Leader of the party during the third congress of DRP by an amendment proposed to the charter of the party. The decision was unanimous.
According to the amendment Maumoon, who also founded the party will always be referred as the “Honorary Leader” of the party. According to the amendment post of the honorary leader would be a ceremonial post, but party’s president can always seek Leader’s advice in important matters. According to the amendment, to avoid confusion, political head of the party would now be referred as the president of the party and president’s four deputies would now be referred as Vice-Presidents.