- STO City Hotel to open employment opportunities
- BA to fuel planes with rubbish
- STO Home Improvement to expand its showroom
- DRP former leader and deputy leader running for MDP top posts
- Japanese assistance to national development spans the length and breadth of Maldives- President
- Minister Ameen thanks taxi drivers for their cooperation
- FAO assists in strengthening the Maldives Quarantine Department
- Maldives to hold business forum in Singapore on April
- Maldivian national drowned
- Biggest challenge is the failure to expand hospital services- Dr. Habeeb
- We are open for discussion on any matter- Transport
- Minister Tharig welcomes British Airways decision to produce jet fuel from recycled waste
- Japan, Maldives to enhance security, economic ties
Maumoon bestowed with the title of “Honorary Leader”
Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, DRP’s retiring leader and former President of the Maldives was bestowed with the title of Honorary Leader of the party during the third congress of DRP by an amendment proposed to the charter of the party. The decision was unanimous.
According to the amendment Maumoon, who also founded the party will always be referred as the “Honorary Leader” of the party. According to the amendment post of the honorary leader would be a ceremonial post, but party’s president can always seek Leader’s advice in important matters. According to the amendment, to avoid confusion, political head of the party would now be referred as the president of the party and president’s four deputies would now be referred as Vice-Presidents.