- We will win 25 seats from the 28- Gasim
- Initiative taken in M. Atoll to reduce pending cases
- Gasim vows to remain as coalition partner as long as the govt abides by the law
- Two taken into Police custody during search of H. Lucky Shade
- Thasmeen and Shahid tried to obstruct MDP govt- Mahloof
- Ilham Ahmed will never betray the religion and the nation- Umar
- Work on Dhangethi harbour will be commenced within the next three months- Ilham
- NSA level meeting on trilateral Maritime Security Cooperation between India, Sri Lanka and Maldives
- Coalition candidates will do nothing to harm the people- Gasim
- Serving the people will be guaranteed by electing Progressive coalition candidates- Ameen
- Minister Nazim calls on Indian PM
- Gasim calls the people to give President Yameen the opportunity to serve them
- Prince William and Kate, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Maldives
Maumoon bestowed with the title of “Honorary Leader”
Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, DRP’s retiring leader and former President of the Maldives was bestowed with the title of Honorary Leader of the party during the third congress of DRP by an amendment proposed to the charter of the party. The decision was unanimous.
According to the amendment Maumoon, who also founded the party will always be referred as the “Honorary Leader” of the party. According to the amendment post of the honorary leader would be a ceremonial post, but party’s president can always seek Leader’s advice in important matters. According to the amendment, to avoid confusion, political head of the party would now be referred as the president of the party and president’s four deputies would now be referred as Vice-Presidents.