- Police reveals details regarding recent gang assualts
- Retired Sergeant processed in Addu City was given no differential treatment
- A case of sexual abuse of a minor sent to PG’s Office
- Drug dealer operating in Male’ given life sentence and fined MVR 100,000
- EU urges political parties to act responsibly
- PPM is the best ark to travel the seas of politics- Dr. Jameel
- Adam Mohamed will not be given opportunity to run JSC according to his whims- Ali Waheed
- Threat of terrorism exists in the Maldives- Shiyam
- It is Nasheed who has no shell to seek refuge in- Matheen
- Hearing of case submitted to annul PPM primary election scheduled for today
- Maldivian Airlines to begin flights to China
- MDP calls to immediately cease politically motivated judicial actions against MDP
- Special task force created to combat gang activity
FAM reschedules semifinal matches of FA Cup
Football Association of Maldives (FAM) has brought forward two semifinal matches of the FA Cup championship.
Earlier, FAM has scheduled the first of the two semifinal matches to be played on 19 September, Saturday night and the second match on 20 September, Sunday night. However, as Sunday, 20 September may be Fithur Eid, FAM has decided to reschedule the matches.
In this regard, the first of the two semifinal matches, between Club Valencia and VB Sports Club is to be played on 18 September, Friday night. The match is scheduled to kick off at 2030 hours.
The second semifinal match between New Radiant Sports Club and Victory will be played on Saturday night, 19 September and is scheduled to kick off at 2030 hours.
VB reached the semifinals after defeating Kalhaidhoo Youth Association at the quarter finals and Valencia reached the semifinals after defeating Mazia.
New Radiant reached semifinals by defeating Thimarafushi Youth Club at the quarter finals and Victory secured their position at the semifinals by defeating AYL.
VB will come out as defending champions while New Radiant will be playing as the club which has won the FA cup most number of times.