- Auditor General refers to prosecute Jihad regarding MVR 300 million loan issue
- Govt Oversight Committee to decide on cabinet approval issue on 23 Dec
- President Yameen Ratifies Anti-Human Trafficking Bill
- Minister at the President’s Office Scheduled to Attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers Session
- Baros Maldives celebrates its 40th anniversary
- It is a worry if authorities don’t take action against law breakers- Shameem
- Gasim proved his love for the nation in the Presidential election- Ameen
- Many challenges even after catching illegal expats- Immigration
- All basic items will be sold cheap if all due payments are settled- Adam Azim
- National Flag to be flown at half-mast following death of former President of South Africa
- Vice President praises Nelson Mandela as a model of leadership for equality and rights
- Several issues regarding the school system would be resolved in time for new academic year – Vice President
- “Nelson Mandela was a source of Unrivalled Inspiration for Recent Generations” – President Yameen
FAM reschedules semifinal matches of FA Cup
Football Association of Maldives (FAM) has brought forward two semifinal matches of the FA Cup championship.
Earlier, FAM has scheduled the first of the two semifinal matches to be played on 19 September, Saturday night and the second match on 20 September, Sunday night. However, as Sunday, 20 September may be Fithur Eid, FAM has decided to reschedule the matches.
In this regard, the first of the two semifinal matches, between Club Valencia and VB Sports Club is to be played on 18 September, Friday night. The match is scheduled to kick off at 2030 hours.
The second semifinal match between New Radiant Sports Club and Victory will be played on Saturday night, 19 September and is scheduled to kick off at 2030 hours.
VB reached the semifinals after defeating Kalhaidhoo Youth Association at the quarter finals and Valencia reached the semifinals after defeating Mazia.
New Radiant reached semifinals by defeating Thimarafushi Youth Club at the quarter finals and Victory secured their position at the semifinals by defeating AYL.
VB will come out as defending champions while New Radiant will be playing as the club which has won the FA cup most number of times.