- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
New Maldives, company dealing in fuel
New Maldives Pvt. Ltd, a company registered at Ministry of Trade and Economic Development on the 5 of this month, is a company which engages in fuel business, company’s chairman Ahmed Rasheed has revealed.
At a news conference organized by New Maldives, company’s chairman Ahmed Rasheed revealed that the objective of the news conference is to clarify that the company is not a political entity but a purely a business organization. Rasheed said New Maldives Pvt. Ltd has no political agenda even though some people may think otherwise.
Rasheed further said, some months back, a movement which operated under the name of new Maldives Movement was a political movement but New Maldives Pvt. Ltd has no political agenda and will never have one.
New Maldives chairman Rasheed said the company, in the days ahead, will focus on establishing a system in the atolls to provide easy access to fuel for the islanders. He said one of the objectives of the company is to provide support to those doing dealing in fuel in the atolls and this help the citizens.
Ahmed Rasheed is also the President of Maldives Fuel Association.