- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".