- 79 people apprehended in special operation of Police in Anbara
- Novelty book fair attracts 25,000 visitors
- Villa College campus opens in Mahibadhoo
- Makkah authorities brace for increased number of pilgrims
- Islamic discipline to be introduced as a subject in 2015 school curriculum
- Umrah groups waiting for Visa approval
- MIFCO to commence long line fishery with Maldivians
- Japan’s PM assured to assist Maldives in development projects- President
- MVR 16 million granted to develop 19 futsal stadiums
- JP opens opportunity to apply for Secretary General and Registrar
- Pakistan donates computer systems to Maldives Police Service
- Our aim is to provide medication through Aasandha- Adam Azim
- JP garnering more support because of the rise in support for Gasim’s ideology- Shifag
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".