- STO profit was raised from MVR 10 million to 45 million by the youth- Adam Azim
- School Education level is improving- Dr. Nazeer
- Special Envoy of the President calls on SIDS to establish meaningful and enduring partnerships
- President ratifies Special Economic Zone Bill
- President’s Special Envoy Maumoon calls on SIDS to establish meaningful and enduring partnerships
- FM Dunya sends Independence Day greetings to the Malaysian FM
- Special Envoy of the President Maumoon arrives in Samoa to attend SIDS
- Stability of the islands is important for development and progress- President
- Ali Waheed appeals to remain steadfast in learning the Quran
- Biggest challenge is in finding evidence- CP
- We are proud that Villa College now has their own tailored courses- Gasim
- Those in political positions should be able to digest criticism- Adheeb
- President Yameen inaugurates Dhan’gethi Harbour Project
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".