- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- The UN establishes an Independent, International Commission on Inquiry to investigate the gross violation of human rights committed by Israel
- E-passport issuing services inaugurated in Addu City
- Condemnation of Adheeb’s threats to JP leader Qasim on public media – JP Press Release
- Commissioner of Police – There is no greater joy than that which results from public service
- President Yameen to address the nation on the occasion of Independence Day
- President ratifies First Amendment Bill to Maritime Zones of Maldives Act
- Priority will be given to make the Police a proactive force- Home Minister
- Court’s role cannot be given to other institutions- Ilham
- All govt offices and companies working together makes it easier to give efficient public services- Adam Azim
- Imad Solih as JP Legal Secretary and Ali Solih as Spokesperson
- Goal cannot be reached by only industrial progress- Sheikh Nizar
- Maldives calls for immediate withdrawal of Israel forces from the Gaza strip at the Human Rights Council
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".