- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
- No equity to be seen in duty regulations: MP Gasim
- Safety of our passengers is our top priority- Villa Air
- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
- Govt would show no mercy for those that slaughter Maldivians without mercy- President
- JP always have worked to strengthen independent institutions- Abdulla Riyaz
- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".