- US condemns shelling of UN school in Gaza
- JP to sue 3MPs
- Over 6 million Umrah pilgrims visited Saudi during concluded Umrah season
- Makkah governor orders confiscation of fake Qur’an copies
- 2014 Quarter 2 – Highest value of imports recorded by a quarter during the past 5 Years
- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".