- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
- If prisoners escape due of govt neglect then Nasheed’s regime is the most negligent- Spokesperson
- Maldives does not have to be like the unstable Afghanistan- Nasheed
- Feeali health centre staffs take initiative to fund for things required for the new ward
- Prisoners who escaped from Mafushi jail will be returned to jail- Home Minister
- STO opens pharmacy in Filladhoo
- Concerns raised regarding the beginning of discussions between JP- Ali Solih
- Lessons should be drawn from the two bi-elections- Gayoom
- Govt companies now move forward with mutual discussions- Finance Minister
- Farmers Exhibition ends tonight
- Usury edict casts shadow over top Saudi bank’s IPO
- Stakeholder Consultation Workshop for Low Carbon Strategy for Transport Sector was held
- Maldives signs Memorandum with Spain for closer cooperation on key areas of development
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".