- Department of Immigration and Emigration commences services from one location
- President to attend first investment forum in Singapore
- Foreign Minister Dunya departs to Sri Lanka on an Official Visit
- President appoints Chief of Staff at the Official Residence of the President
- Maldives High Commission holds talks with Malaysian govt to ease visa requirements for Maldivian Students
- Works on recovering tax should be expanded- Commissioner
- No complaints received regarding Anbara police operation- HRCM
- Govt is trying to reduce the compensation to be paid to GMR- President
- Extra MVR 30.6 million was spent from 2011 President’s Office Budget- Audit
- Kolhumadulu Quran competition to commence tonight
- Second Climate Change policy workshop conducted
- Discussion on opportunities from Malaysia for Maldivian Police Officers held
- Son of distributor of anti-Islam film Fitna accepts Islam
President presented with 11th “Satheyka Raivaru” collection
President Mohamed Nasheed has been presented with the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru" on the accession of the annual Poet’s day. It was presented to him by the Deputy Minister of Tourism Arts and Culture Mohamed Thoriq at a ceremony held yesterday at the President’s Office.
Those present at the ceremony included Madulu Mohamed Waheed, Special Advisor at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research Abdulla Sodiq (Soadhube), Consultant at the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research , Farahanaz Faisal who and the Center’s secretary Shahuma Ali .
In his address at the ceremony, President Nasheed thanked the senior officials and staff of the National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research for publishing the 11th volume of "Satheyka Raivaru".
The President also said that the government had plans to publish the monthly linguistic magazine of National Centre for Linguistic and Historical Research "Faiythoora", in English as well in addition to Dhivehi. He also said that he Madulu Mohamed Waheed and Dr Farahanaz Faisal will be assigned as co-editors of ‘Faiythoora".