- Gayoom calls to expedite the murder case of Dr. Afrasheem
- Nasheed will not be given the opportunity to create unrest – Home Minister
- Contracts signed for the procurement of materials for piloting of Drainage system in Kulhudhuffushi
- Contract signed to design and build coastal protection structure in Maafushi
- It is saddening that some people rejoice when unrests are caused in the society- CP
- Gasim calls to give more care and love to the aged
- Nasheed’s allowance to be cancelled for tarnishing the image of Maldives
- Working Together for the Shared Dream and Common Development of China and Maldives
- China celebrates 65th anniversary
- Minister Dunya Returns after active engagement at the UN General Assembly
- Our hearts were slaughtered by the attacks on Gaza- President Waheed
- Former President Mohamed Waheed Calls on United Nations Secretary General
- Different areas of Male’ have been inspected by the Police more than 2000 times within the last week
President Nasheed Cabinet takes Oath
President Mohamed Nasheed has appointed ministers to his Government last night at a ceremony held at the president’s office. Before the presentation of the Letters of Appointment, the Ministers took their oath of Office. The Oath was administered by Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed.
The newly appointed Ministers are: Gasim Ibrahim as Minister of Home Affairs; Ali Hashim as Minister of Finance and Treasury; Dr. Ahmed Shaheed as Minister of Foreign Affairs; Dr. Aminath Jameel as Minister of Health and Family; Ameen Faisal as Minster of Defence and National Security; Dr. Musthafa Luthfy as Minister of Education; Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed as the Attorney General; Mohamed Rasheed as Minister of Economic Development; Dr. Ahmed Ali Sawad as Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Hassan Latheef as Minister of Human Resource, Youth and Sports; Mohamed Aslam as Minister of Housing, Transport and Environment; Dr. Ibrahim Didi as Minster of Fisheries and Agriculture; Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed as Minster of Civil Aviation and Communication, and Dr. Abdul Majeed Abdul Bari as Minister of Islamic Affairs.
Addressing the newly appointed cabinet after the hand over of the appointment letters, President Nasheed said that compilation of the Cabinet was carried out in the full spirit of the new Constitution. He further noted that the People’s Majlis has the power to remove form Office, those Ministers who does not fully discharge the responsibilities assigned to them.