- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
- No equity to be seen in duty regulations: MP Gasim
- Safety of our passengers is our top priority- Villa Air
- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
- Govt would show no mercy for those that slaughter Maldivians without mercy- President
- JP always have worked to strengthen independent institutions- Abdulla Riyaz
- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
President Nasheed Cabinet takes Oath
President Mohamed Nasheed has appointed ministers to his Government last night at a ceremony held at the president’s office. Before the presentation of the Letters of Appointment, the Ministers took their oath of Office. The Oath was administered by Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed.
The newly appointed Ministers are: Gasim Ibrahim as Minister of Home Affairs; Ali Hashim as Minister of Finance and Treasury; Dr. Ahmed Shaheed as Minister of Foreign Affairs; Dr. Aminath Jameel as Minister of Health and Family; Ameen Faisal as Minster of Defence and National Security; Dr. Musthafa Luthfy as Minister of Education; Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed as the Attorney General; Mohamed Rasheed as Minister of Economic Development; Dr. Ahmed Ali Sawad as Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Hassan Latheef as Minister of Human Resource, Youth and Sports; Mohamed Aslam as Minister of Housing, Transport and Environment; Dr. Ibrahim Didi as Minster of Fisheries and Agriculture; Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed as Minster of Civil Aviation and Communication, and Dr. Abdul Majeed Abdul Bari as Minister of Islamic Affairs.
Addressing the newly appointed cabinet after the hand over of the appointment letters, President Nasheed said that compilation of the Cabinet was carried out in the full spirit of the new Constitution. He further noted that the People’s Majlis has the power to remove form Office, those Ministers who does not fully discharge the responsibilities assigned to them.