- JP wants to fulfill the promises of the govt- Ilham
- Maamigili Airport again to be upgraded to an international airport
- Former President Gayoom departs to Samoa
- Lower Court Judge Uz. Mohamed Easa Fulhu sworn in as a Member of JSC
- President to hold discussions with Gasim within next week
- Gasim initiated the works to establish SEZ- Mubeen
- Shahudee pleads to open tourist resorts in Haa Dhaal Atoll
- Indian Naval Ship Trikand to Joint exercise with MNDF
- Our hope is that the peace between Israel and Gaza will be permanent- Dhunya
- Reputation of Villa College internationally in South Asia and Europe will elevate- Dr. Dohem
- Passports of 4 individuals withheld in relation to Rilwan’s case
- President appoints Mohamed Sadiq as Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Minister of Islamic Affairs departs to Turkey, to attend the Presidential Handover ceremony
President Nasheed Cabinet takes Oath
President Mohamed Nasheed has appointed ministers to his Government last night at a ceremony held at the president’s office. Before the presentation of the Letters of Appointment, the Ministers took their oath of Office. The Oath was administered by Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed.
The newly appointed Ministers are: Gasim Ibrahim as Minister of Home Affairs; Ali Hashim as Minister of Finance and Treasury; Dr. Ahmed Shaheed as Minister of Foreign Affairs; Dr. Aminath Jameel as Minister of Health and Family; Ameen Faisal as Minster of Defence and National Security; Dr. Musthafa Luthfy as Minister of Education; Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed as the Attorney General; Mohamed Rasheed as Minister of Economic Development; Dr. Ahmed Ali Sawad as Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Hassan Latheef as Minister of Human Resource, Youth and Sports; Mohamed Aslam as Minister of Housing, Transport and Environment; Dr. Ibrahim Didi as Minster of Fisheries and Agriculture; Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed as Minster of Civil Aviation and Communication, and Dr. Abdul Majeed Abdul Bari as Minister of Islamic Affairs.
Addressing the newly appointed cabinet after the hand over of the appointment letters, President Nasheed said that compilation of the Cabinet was carried out in the full spirit of the new Constitution. He further noted that the People’s Majlis has the power to remove form Office, those Ministers who does not fully discharge the responsibilities assigned to them.