- 2014 Quarter 2 – Highest value of imports recorded by a quarter during the past 5 Years
- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- Greetings from the Chinese Ambassador on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Maldives and Eid ul-Fitr
- Ibrahim Nasir was an ideal defender of independence- President Yameen
- Gasim calls for sincerity and honesty
President Nasheed Cabinet takes Oath
President Mohamed Nasheed has appointed ministers to his Government last night at a ceremony held at the president’s office. Before the presentation of the Letters of Appointment, the Ministers took their oath of Office. The Oath was administered by Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed.
The newly appointed Ministers are: Gasim Ibrahim as Minister of Home Affairs; Ali Hashim as Minister of Finance and Treasury; Dr. Ahmed Shaheed as Minister of Foreign Affairs; Dr. Aminath Jameel as Minister of Health and Family; Ameen Faisal as Minster of Defence and National Security; Dr. Musthafa Luthfy as Minister of Education; Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed as the Attorney General; Mohamed Rasheed as Minister of Economic Development; Dr. Ahmed Ali Sawad as Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Hassan Latheef as Minister of Human Resource, Youth and Sports; Mohamed Aslam as Minister of Housing, Transport and Environment; Dr. Ibrahim Didi as Minster of Fisheries and Agriculture; Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed as Minster of Civil Aviation and Communication, and Dr. Abdul Majeed Abdul Bari as Minister of Islamic Affairs.
Addressing the newly appointed cabinet after the hand over of the appointment letters, President Nasheed said that compilation of the Cabinet was carried out in the full spirit of the new Constitution. He further noted that the People’s Majlis has the power to remove form Office, those Ministers who does not fully discharge the responsibilities assigned to them.