- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
- Dhiraagu introduces 4G LTE Network services
- MDP will not win even if Nasheed is their candidate in 2018- Shareef
- President Yameen does not suffer from brain tumor or any such terminal illnesses- Adheeb
President Nasheed Cabinet takes Oath
President Mohamed Nasheed has appointed ministers to his Government last night at a ceremony held at the president’s office. Before the presentation of the Letters of Appointment, the Ministers took their oath of Office. The Oath was administered by Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed.
The newly appointed Ministers are: Gasim Ibrahim as Minister of Home Affairs; Ali Hashim as Minister of Finance and Treasury; Dr. Ahmed Shaheed as Minister of Foreign Affairs; Dr. Aminath Jameel as Minister of Health and Family; Ameen Faisal as Minster of Defence and National Security; Dr. Musthafa Luthfy as Minister of Education; Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed as the Attorney General; Mohamed Rasheed as Minister of Economic Development; Dr. Ahmed Ali Sawad as Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Hassan Latheef as Minister of Human Resource, Youth and Sports; Mohamed Aslam as Minister of Housing, Transport and Environment; Dr. Ibrahim Didi as Minster of Fisheries and Agriculture; Dr. Mohamed Jameel Ahmed as Minster of Civil Aviation and Communication, and Dr. Abdul Majeed Abdul Bari as Minister of Islamic Affairs.
Addressing the newly appointed cabinet after the hand over of the appointment letters, President Nasheed said that compilation of the Cabinet was carried out in the full spirit of the new Constitution. He further noted that the People’s Majlis has the power to remove form Office, those Ministers who does not fully discharge the responsibilities assigned to them.