- Indian Naval Ship Trikand to Joint exercise with MNDF
- Our hope is that the peace between Israel and Gaza will be permanent- Dhunya
- Reputation of Villa College internationally in South Asia and Europe will elevate- Dr. Dohem
- Passports of 4 individuals withheld in relation to Rilwan’s case
- President appoints Mohamed Sadiq as Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Minister of Islamic Affairs departs to Turkey, to attend the Presidential Handover ceremony
- Individual injured in accident in Hulhumale’
- WHO calls for stronger action on climate-related health risks
- We voted in favour of SEZ bill because it is a bill which will benefit the people- Gasim
- Will try more to rectify ACC in the next 5 years with the trust of the people- ACC President
- PG holds discussion with MPS to expedite big cases
- Slandering former Presidents is not the job of the members- Mahloof
- Salaries withheld during upgrade of Gan Airport to an international airport to be given
Gulhi Falhu project to begin early 2008
Capital Investment and Finance Ltd of UK and Boskalis International B.V. of Netherlands, the 2 firms involved in the reclamation and development of Gulhi lagoon of Male’ Atoll have revealed that the project will commence early next year. This was revealed at press conference held at Nalahiya Hotel.
Speaking at the conference Managing Director of Capital Investments and Finance Ltd said that work of the project which is divided into 2 phases will be completed within 18 months. Under the project a world class shopping mall, 7 star hotel, storage go downs for traders and office buildings will be constructed. In addition construction of harbor, yatch marina and a boat yard will also be carried out under the project. 93 hectors will be reclaimed under the first phase and 48 hectors under the second phase.
Boskalis International and Capital Investment Finance signed formal agreement with the government yesterday. The agreement was signed on behalf of the government of Maldives by Yousuf Rilwan Chairman of GulhiFalhu Industrial Zone. On behalf of Boskalis International the agreement was signed by their Area Manager and on behalf of Capital Investment Finance by their Managing Director.
The project is a 300 million United States dollar investment.