- Working Together for the Shared Dream and Common Development of China and Maldives
- China celebrates 65th anniversary
- Minister Dunya Returns after active engagement at the UN General Assembly
- Our hearts were slaughtered by the attacks on Gaza- President Waheed
- Former President Mohamed Waheed Calls on United Nations Secretary General
- Different areas of Male’ have been inspected by the Police more than 2000 times within the last week
- We do not know how the number of radicals should be disclosed- CP
- “Closer to the People’ activity is so far very successful- Sameer
- Perhaps President did not meet us because he thought we have a political motive- MCSA
- China celebrates 65th anniversary of National Day in Maldives
- STO launches Kruger Coffee
- Police wants to get the best results in Rilwan’s case- Police
- China has realised tremendous achievement in nation building and human development- Ambassador
Gulhi Falhu project to begin early 2008
Capital Investment and Finance Ltd of UK and Boskalis International B.V. of Netherlands, the 2 firms involved in the reclamation and development of Gulhi lagoon of Male’ Atoll have revealed that the project will commence early next year. This was revealed at press conference held at Nalahiya Hotel.
Speaking at the conference Managing Director of Capital Investments and Finance Ltd said that work of the project which is divided into 2 phases will be completed within 18 months. Under the project a world class shopping mall, 7 star hotel, storage go downs for traders and office buildings will be constructed. In addition construction of harbor, yatch marina and a boat yard will also be carried out under the project. 93 hectors will be reclaimed under the first phase and 48 hectors under the second phase.
Boskalis International and Capital Investment Finance signed formal agreement with the government yesterday. The agreement was signed on behalf of the government of Maldives by Yousuf Rilwan Chairman of GulhiFalhu Industrial Zone. On behalf of Boskalis International the agreement was signed by their Area Manager and on behalf of Capital Investment Finance by their Managing Director.
The project is a 300 million United States dollar investment.