- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Gulhi Falhu project to begin early 2008
Capital Investment and Finance Ltd of UK and Boskalis International B.V. of Netherlands, the 2 firms involved in the reclamation and development of Gulhi lagoon of Male’ Atoll have revealed that the project will commence early next year. This was revealed at press conference held at Nalahiya Hotel.
Speaking at the conference Managing Director of Capital Investments and Finance Ltd said that work of the project which is divided into 2 phases will be completed within 18 months. Under the project a world class shopping mall, 7 star hotel, storage go downs for traders and office buildings will be constructed. In addition construction of harbor, yatch marina and a boat yard will also be carried out under the project. 93 hectors will be reclaimed under the first phase and 48 hectors under the second phase.
Boskalis International and Capital Investment Finance signed formal agreement with the government yesterday. The agreement was signed on behalf of the government of Maldives by Yousuf Rilwan Chairman of GulhiFalhu Industrial Zone. On behalf of Boskalis International the agreement was signed by their Area Manager and on behalf of Capital Investment Finance by their Managing Director.
The project is a 300 million United States dollar investment.