- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi to be developed as resorts
Haa Alif Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi have been listed as islands for tourism development in the Maldives. Both islands were habited by local residents prior to their move to bigger islands under population consolidation project.
Now that they have moved and settled in other islands, government has decided to develop the islands into tourist hotels as part of the tourism development plan in the country.
Ministry of Tourism has reported that bid documents are now available and that interested parties could bid for the islands as per the tender notices.