- Prisoners will escape regardless of high security- Home Minister
- Maldives to get more specialists from India
- Maldivian candidate wins second term on anti-torture body
- Police knew about the prison escape only after 24hrs of their escape- Police
- JP to increase activities in the islands
- SEZ opportunities will be given to important matters unavailable in Maldives- Economic Minister
- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi to be developed as resorts
Haa Alif Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi have been listed as islands for tourism development in the Maldives. Both islands were habited by local residents prior to their move to bigger islands under population consolidation project.
Now that they have moved and settled in other islands, government has decided to develop the islands into tourist hotels as part of the tourism development plan in the country.
Ministry of Tourism has reported that bid documents are now available and that interested parties could bid for the islands as per the tender notices.