- There are many laws which contradict the constitution- AG
- An airport to be developed in Magoodhoo
- Digital evidence laboratory established as part of effort to widen Police service
- Underwater Festival returns to LUX* Maldives
- Mega Maldives Airlines to start flights to Saudi Arabia
- Gasim to establish a laboratory in Dharanbudhu School
- Umar Naseer pledges to open a Police Station in Vaikaradhoo if Igbal is elected
- No Maldivian studied in University of Bicocca- Ameen
- Supreme Court issues travel ban on EC members
- Minister of Foreign Affairs meets with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia
- Traffic operation held in Eydhafushi as part of Police effort to create a safer environment for public
- Minister of Foreign Affairs calls on Secretary General of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation
- Agreement signed to establish sewerage facilities in Thaa atoll Madifushi and Buruni islands
Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi to be developed as resorts
Haa Alif Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi have been listed as islands for tourism development in the Maldives. Both islands were habited by local residents prior to their move to bigger islands under population consolidation project.
Now that they have moved and settled in other islands, government has decided to develop the islands into tourist hotels as part of the tourism development plan in the country.
Ministry of Tourism has reported that bid documents are now available and that interested parties could bid for the islands as per the tender notices.