- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
- No equity to be seen in duty regulations: MP Gasim
- Safety of our passengers is our top priority- Villa Air
- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
- Govt would show no mercy for those that slaughter Maldivians without mercy- President
- JP always have worked to strengthen independent institutions- Abdulla Riyaz
- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi to be developed as resorts
Haa Alif Berinmadhoo and Hathifushi have been listed as islands for tourism development in the Maldives. Both islands were habited by local residents prior to their move to bigger islands under population consolidation project.
Now that they have moved and settled in other islands, government has decided to develop the islands into tourist hotels as part of the tourism development plan in the country.
Ministry of Tourism has reported that bid documents are now available and that interested parties could bid for the islands as per the tender notices.