- Survey team for Bridge project will arrive on Friday- Economic Minister
- Hopes high for US assistance for Maldivian trade- Mohamed Saeed
- Second escape convict arrested
- Only MVR 1million passed for Omadhoo Harbour project while it needs MVR 37 million
- We will find Rilwan and hand him over to his family- Home Minister
- MVR 75000 reward for information on Shahum and Luthfee
- Govt should take the responsibility of issue of two escaped convicts- Nihan
- Bill to Repeal Act on the Detention and Imprisonment of Persons for More than Seven Days Act Passed
- US Assistant Trade Representative called on the Foreign Minister
- Police stationed in Maafushi prison since last night
- Can’t postpone death penalty due to lack of law- Home Minister
- Contract signed for building coastal protection structures at Faresmaathodaa
- We requested an audit of prison security- Home Minister
Nellaidhoo office opens
Haa Dhaal Nellaidhoo Island Office has been reopened yesterday after being forcefully closed by the island’s public sometime last Wednesday.
The office was closed after it was announced that Nellaidhoo was among the islands listed for relocation of population under the project to alleviate harbor difficulties in the islands.
Nellaidhoo Island Chief said that there was no violence or any disturbance in the islands in relation to this incident and said that it was a misguided reaction from the public.
“No person or property was harmed during this incident. There was a little misunderstanding as a large number of people in the island had sent letters to the Atolls Ministry requesting for relocation. This was not known at the time. Now the people are against moving. And it has been settled” he said.