- 2014 Quarter 2 – Highest value of imports recorded by a quarter during the past 5 Years
- The Embassy of China partners with ARC to support children in Shelters
- MVR 240000 donated for children and people with special needs
- President assures that Govt endeavors to raise the living standards will not jeopardize independence of Maldives
- Islamic minister urges all to participate in the joyous occasion of Eid
- Gasim calls to make the happiness of Eid permanent
- President extends Eid ul-Fitr greetings
- Independence should be protected while improving economy- Home Minister
- India-Maldives ties shall attain a significant landmark in November this year- Indian High Commissioner
- Maldivian Students met Indian High Commissioner
- Greetings from the Chinese Ambassador on the Occasion of the Independence Day of Maldives and Eid ul-Fitr
- Ibrahim Nasir was an ideal defender of independence- President Yameen
- Gasim calls for sincerity and honesty
Nellaidhoo office opens
Haa Dhaal Nellaidhoo Island Office has been reopened yesterday after being forcefully closed by the island’s public sometime last Wednesday.
The office was closed after it was announced that Nellaidhoo was among the islands listed for relocation of population under the project to alleviate harbor difficulties in the islands.
Nellaidhoo Island Chief said that there was no violence or any disturbance in the islands in relation to this incident and said that it was a misguided reaction from the public.
“No person or property was harmed during this incident. There was a little misunderstanding as a large number of people in the island had sent letters to the Atolls Ministry requesting for relocation. This was not known at the time. Now the people are against moving. And it has been settled” he said.