- This is a historical year for Immigration- Minister Nazim
- No one should fall prey for the traps of Nasheed to send the youth to prison- Mohamed
- President and First Lady depart to Nepal, to attend the 18th SAARC Summit
- Gasim urges to implement population relocation policy
- Maldives did not get any foreign aid for a period of 8 months- President
- Amendments were proposed to Crimes Act to ensure protection against violence- Nihan
- MMA suggests to announce three years prior before introducing any new tax
- No equity to be seen in duty regulations: MP Gasim
- Safety of our passengers is our top priority- Villa Air
- Preceding Meetings of the 18th SAARC Summit begins
- Budget allocated for youth is not sufficient- MDP
- Minister Thoriq calls to take proactive action to ensure SIDS specific challenges and needs are taken into account
- Unrest in the country during Nasheed’s regime was brought to an end by current govt- Home Ministry
Nellaidhoo office opens
Haa Dhaal Nellaidhoo Island Office has been reopened yesterday after being forcefully closed by the island’s public sometime last Wednesday.
The office was closed after it was announced that Nellaidhoo was among the islands listed for relocation of population under the project to alleviate harbor difficulties in the islands.
Nellaidhoo Island Chief said that there was no violence or any disturbance in the islands in relation to this incident and said that it was a misguided reaction from the public.
“No person or property was harmed during this incident. There was a little misunderstanding as a large number of people in the island had sent letters to the Atolls Ministry requesting for relocation. This was not known at the time. Now the people are against moving. And it has been settled” he said.