- Majlis passes not to increase TGST by 12%
- Most youth are seen to be irresponsible- Anara
- National University should be allocated with the required budget- Gasim
- Islamic laws should be implemented to curb crime rate- Ibrahim Hassan
- Every precaution should be taken in defense of ones self- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Gasim Ibrahim requests a US$ 3 billion loan assistance
- Abdulla Ahmad calls to increase the wages of civil servants and teachers
- Mohamed Hussein urges to establish a special office to manage budget issues
- All official passports were issued on govt’s expenses in all govts- Immigtation
- Becoming refugees in our own country is a big problem- Sheikh Moosa Nizar
- Linking Ridwan’s case to radical groups is worrying- CP
- Youth Minister calls the youth to be policy makers
- While Nasheed claims the good name of introducing guesthouse business he called to Maldives boycott- Adheeb
Nellaidhoo office opens
Haa Dhaal Nellaidhoo Island Office has been reopened yesterday after being forcefully closed by the island’s public sometime last Wednesday.
The office was closed after it was announced that Nellaidhoo was among the islands listed for relocation of population under the project to alleviate harbor difficulties in the islands.
Nellaidhoo Island Chief said that there was no violence or any disturbance in the islands in relation to this incident and said that it was a misguided reaction from the public.
“No person or property was harmed during this incident. There was a little misunderstanding as a large number of people in the island had sent letters to the Atolls Ministry requesting for relocation. This was not known at the time. Now the people are against moving. And it has been settled” he said.