- Commonwealth eager to continue assisting Maldives in its economic development
- Miadhu Daily appeals govt not to ask the media to stop the actions of govt
- Trans fats in vegetable oil increase cholesterol-MFDA
- Securing the safety of maritime area is very important for the three countries- India
- FAIM to mark “India-Maldives Friendship Day”
- Biggest investment to establish sewage and water system ongoing
- Stalling budgeted projects is a big concern- Abdulla Riyaz
- Present Auditor General is a very capable person- Thoriq
- No single country can guarantee their security alone- Defence Minister
- No room for anything which challenges Islam- Islamic Minister
- Ridwan’s case rejected by committee
- Joint ‘DOSTI’ Exercise by Indian Coastguard with Maldives and Sri Lanka
- STO shops will be open for business even if there is no electricity- STO
Nellaidhoo office opens
Haa Dhaal Nellaidhoo Island Office has been reopened yesterday after being forcefully closed by the island’s public sometime last Wednesday.
The office was closed after it was announced that Nellaidhoo was among the islands listed for relocation of population under the project to alleviate harbor difficulties in the islands.
Nellaidhoo Island Chief said that there was no violence or any disturbance in the islands in relation to this incident and said that it was a misguided reaction from the public.
“No person or property was harmed during this incident. There was a little misunderstanding as a large number of people in the island had sent letters to the Atolls Ministry requesting for relocation. This was not known at the time. Now the people are against moving. And it has been settled” he said.